How do I record?

marion

I'm thinking of getting a Humax HDR freesat recorder. If I manually tune it to receive a non-freesat channel (which is available on free to air), if this channel does not appear in the EPG, am I still able to pre-record or record it while watching another freesat programme, or record it at all???
thanks

On an unmodified Foxsat-hdr there are two modes Freesat mode, all the channels on the epg and the epg is present. Non-Freesat mode all fta channels (including the ones on the epg) can be added, no epg only now and next and no timers so you have to start recording manually, you can watch (or record) any other channel - even record two and watch some 3rd channels. You can't make scheduled Freesat recordings while in non-freesat mode.

Using the modified firmware and the channel editor you can add channels not in the epg to Freesat mode and set manual recording timers.

On an unmodified Foxsat-hdr there are two modes Freesat mode, all the channels on the epg and the epg is present. Non-Freesat mode all fta channels (including the ones on the epg) can be added, no epg only now and next and no timers so you have to start recording manually, you can watch (or record) any other channel - even record two and watch some 3rd channels. You can't make scheduled Freesat recordings while in non-freesat mode.

Using the modified firmware and the channel editor you can add channels not in the epg to Freesat mode and set manual recording timers.
you said
using the modified firmware and the channel editor you can add channels not in the epg to Freesat mode and set manual recording timers

do you have to get the modified firmware from somewhere ?

you said
using the modified firmware and the channel editor you can add channels not in the epg to Freesat mode and set manual recording timers

do you have to get the modified firmware from somewhere ?

Google "Media and File Server For The Foxsat-hdr", "Webif Channel Editor for the Foxsat-hdr"

I've now bought one. If I upload those software programmes onto my box, will I get full epg info, on the freesat side, for a fta chanel?

Yes. The box behaves no differently unless you use the channel editor on your PC to change non-freesat to freesat. The non freesat channels then appear in the freesat epg.

Edit. Try the getting started at this link http://www.hummypkg.org.uk/
Further Edit: The stuff I just linked to is for the Fox T2 NOT the Foxsat HDR:oops:

Back