Poll How do you schedule recordings?

What is your primary method for setting things to record?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so like a lot I mainly schedule through the TV Guide.
I occasionally use Search
Book Me is a pain, (because you don't know whether you will get HD, and you don't get series).
But I wouldn't want to be without Rs Portal and Web Interface EPG; they both come a very strong 2nd and 3rd.
Certainly, their low percentage should not be considered to reflect their relative usefulness. Thanks to their developers.

I don't think I've ever seen it. But will remember to avoid it if I do.

I think it was only on BBC and C4 originally, but I've not seen the caption for ages since I no longer use my Humax for normal TV viewing. I'm sure I've used it for series link in the past though, although it would have been over a year ago now.

I had it pop up a few times last night while watching some channel or other. Can't remember which one though!

Standard TV - guide as the primary but Rs invaluable when away from home

Also Use it to make sure I catch favorite progs that are on infrequently are recorded e.g dr who

Had not thought of the query to catch latest films but will be using it in te future

I tend to use the webif interface almost exclusively. I use the search ability to locate likely topics and I also use the film sub category to look at the week ahead and schedule those that piqué my interest. I use a tablet to access webif so it is quick and easy to do

I can't remember if I voted already, but since I don't get the vote button anymore I must have. I use a random combination of rs and webif and that is because I always have either the computer on or if computer is not on the mobile phone will always be faster than turn on EPG find/scroll etc. Also since most alerts are a week in advance I just give it to rs and it's taken care of. Now and then I would check the log for any error messages, since I've had it fail a couple of times I think.

I can't remember if I voted already, but since I don't get the vote button anymore I must have. I use a random combination of rs and webif and that is because I always have either the computer on or if computer is not on the mobile phone will always be faster than turn on EPG find/scroll etc. Also since most alerts are a week in advance I just give it to rs and it's taken care of. Now and then I would check the log for any error messages, since I've had it fail a couple of times I think.
You have already voted for the "Remote Scheduling Portal" option, and should be able to see this because the option should be in bold text with a "*" in front of it, as shown below.

* Remote Scheduling Portal

You can click on the number of votes to bring up a box containing the names of members who have voted on that option.

You have already voted for the "Remote Scheduling Portal" option, and should be able to see this because the option should be in bold text with a "*" in front of it, as shown below.

* Remote Scheduling Portal

You can click on the number of votes to bring up a box containing the names of members who have voted on that option.
exactly so.

My usage has changed since i voted in the poll - definatly mostly use the RS portal now. I originally voted for "standard TV Interface".

I use the standard guide but have "Digiguide" on my computers so can search up to 3 weeks ahead. It also will list films (my particular interest) with star ratings and whether it is HD or not. Very useful when on a 14 day holiday.

I've recently arrived here as a refugee from the Topfield, and I'm impressed by the customised firmware and web interface - many thanks to all who made them possible. I use Digiguide as well and, as Mike says, it's a boon when planning ahead when holidays are coming up. But entering timings from Digiguide beyond the 7-day EPG is a pain - shades of VCR programming of old! - and events get recorded without the programme name.

One of the few things which the Toppy had which doesn't seem to have been replicated here was the ability via a TAP to set timers directly from a text file generated by Digiguide. I note that 'Scheduled Events' on the webif has the option 'Raw database view'. I don't know what use that is, but it makes me wonder whether it would be possible to write directly to the database using Digiguide output.

Is it possible? Are many other people here using Digiguide and would it be useful?

André Coutanche

I think your needs would be met by the Remote Scheduler - once you have your HD/HDR linked to it, not only can you schedule recordings from any web browser anywhere, but you can set a search term and have the results automatically scheduled when they turn up in the EPG. Digiguide could (possibly) be an add-on to that.

Up until now I used the standard TV interface for recording programs / series. Living in an area with an overspill signal I receive a signal from two countries. Up until recently recordings and series links were working ok (I had to use padding as opposed to AR recording settings).

However recently the series link from one provider is gone. It seems it the provider has changed the CRID settings.

I hope this isn't plagiarism but I saw this on another site :

The value identifying CRID was 0x31 and 0x32 (ie ASCII character '1' and '2'). This seems to work with Freeview-type PVRs / receivers. '1' to identify the link containing programme ID, '2' to identify the link containing series ID.

The values now for programme and series link are 0x01 and 0x02. These are the actual values contained in the Nordig specification and conform to ETSI standards for DVB

I have also seen this on another site

The Saorview SSU channel (System Software Update) hidden channel is now live. There is an official SSU schedule so you know when to leave the setbox or TV on (automatic) or do it manually. See your equipment’s manual regarding OTA (Over The Air) upgrades. Manufactures pay a small fee to RTENL and then can use this to add new features or fix “bugs” (broken / faulty written bits of software). This kind of software is called “Firmware”.
It can’t add features that the TV or setbox physically can’t do due to limitations of Memory, CPU speed, Tuner hardware, DSP codecs. So you won’t get updates from DVB-T to DVB-T2 or new Codecs (or RTE player if your equipment has no ethernet or WiFi networking). It could (if the manufacturer writes the software) add series link (if your equipment records) or fix Program Guide (EPG) issues

I had thought about contacting Humax to see if they would write the software to fix the EPG issues and pay RTENL the small fee to fix this bug.

It could (if the manufacturer writes the software) add series link (if your equipment records) or fix Program Guide (EPG) issues
What do you think ?

Alternatively if the custom fw was able to convert the 0x31/ox32 to 0x01/0x02 would the webif be able to detect the crid thus saving Humax this 'small fee'? This would not change the TV interface but perhaps I could continue using series link through webif. If it did then perhaps I might try the RS Server to book my series recordings - however the EPG/Country issues may cause problems.

Maybe I should wait for another Humax OTA.

by the way no difference on the EPG with 1.02.32 and 1.03.xx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back