How many crashes has your T2 experienced in a year/s?

sine24

Thought it might be interesting to know across the users pop. The number is in the crash.log in the Diagnostic webif page.

Mine is 6 in almost a year.

Mine lies. Says eight times since December 2019 and only twice this year, the last time in August. But it crashes say once every other month, and crashed and rebooted only last week.

Not all freezes, crashes and other events forcing a reboot cause an entry in the crash.log

I have had 11 logged crashes so far this year but 32 last year - this is largely because we were investigating problems in ir package that caused an immediate crash.

So I did hear correctly that some crash logs get erased. Phew, not senile yet.

4 of my crashes occurred within 14 sec from booting. Wonder what that means.

The HDR I am looking at lists 33 crashes since May 2018.
As has been said already, by no means all crashes get recorded - I'd say a crash about once every 3 weeks is 'normal'.

Of the 33 recorded in crash.log 11 were between 13-15 seconds after booting.

webif-error.log is not a crash log. Only crash.log is the crash log. The clue is in the name (and you need to pay more attention to the detail).

webif-error.log starts fresh each boot, and only records data from the current session.

It was mentioned by mymsman in response to my post about crashes. It seems that both him and I thought it is a "crash" log and it got erased.

Anyway, I'm not about to start having a barney.

You got anything useful to add?

On my main HDR, there are 12 recorded crashes since March this year, so average of 1.5 times per month. I think there are a handful of unrecorded crashes which will push up the average to nearer 2 crashes per month.

On my main HDR, there are 12 recorded crashes since March this year, so average of 1.5 times per month. I think there are a handful of unrecorded crashes which will push up the average to nearer 2 crashes per month.
Any of 13 or 14s ?

It struck me that so many were in that 13-14 range, thought maybe I'd discovered something. Perhaps not.

Back