Closed Poll How many HDRs do you own?

How many HDRs do you own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It may be a idea to ask another question, e.g. how many HDRs / HDs do you look after?, I have seen comments from users saying for example that they own one HDR by 'look after' 5 or 6 others for people who are not technically minded or capable of making it do what they want

I was trying to keep it simple! Now if voting could be done using a 2D matrix or a nested input structure it would be easy to include HDs too :rolleyes:

Why more than one? There's not enough good TV to tax the abilities of a single HDR let alone multiples. Back in the analogue days I did have one PVR ( the TIVO ) for analogue and another ( Humax 8000T ) for Freeview but now one is quite enough.

Another interesting poll might be - "how long since you last used a DVD?" In my case probably a year or more.

One for me and one for my better half, who has different tastes, eg Downton :)

We very rarely watch live TV anymore - we can skip all those pesky advertisements.

I record films to DVD and watch them quite regularly when I wish not to be taxed too much - I know the ending.

Martin

One in the sitting room, one in my den, one spare for fiddling with (the oldest, now retired from active service), one that I own but is lent out - and three HD-FOXes so that the other TVs have streaming access to the recordings.

Why would you only want one??

Why would you only want one??

For the same reason we only have one TV. I guess we're quite old fashioned in the way we use TV - it is something we sit down to together for a couple of hours in the evening. So one set in the sitting room is all that is required. Never had and never wanted sets in the bedroom, kitchen etc.
Radio on the other hand is the perfect background medium so we have lots of those. Books are inherently solitary so we have one each ( and some spares ).

I mostly follow what Socrates says but we do have a TV in the bedroom which my better half likes to have on to hear/watch the news while she gets ready in the mornings. She has suggested that she would like to be able to hit record sometimes when she sees something interesting but would equally be unhappy with extra boxes and cables so I don't think a PVR is practical - maybe a new telly that records to memory stick but that will have to wait 'till we move house...

Why more than one? There's not enough good TV to tax the abilities of a single HDR let alone multiples.
Ah, but you forget Murphy's influence on these things. On average there will probably only be an hour or three per night worth watching but inevitably on one night it'll be zilch and another 5 or 6 hours. And on that other they all start at 9pm, so even with the odd +1 you can't actually get them all :frantic:

My vote saying we have 2 HDR is possibly wrong - I read it as generic hard disk recorder rather than HDR-Fox, so included our old 9200.

I have an HDR FoxT2 in my (bed)room; the Topfield it replaces is awaiting resurrection.
My parents' now have an HDR FoxT2 in the lounge, along with a partially redundant Philips 8530 (HD PVR).
Two PVR9200s and two Tevion(Technotrend) 80Gb PVRs survive unused.
A Foxsat HDR is ready to be deployed when the dish is aligned and quad LNB fitted.
I don't have enough PVRs ;)

My vote saying we have 2 HDR is possibly wrong - I read it as generic hard disk recorder rather than HDR-Fox, so included our old 9200.

Yeah, me too. I counted a Foxsat HDR, an HDR Fox T2 and a Youview HDR there. I am sure it is OK, just the wrong forum. Not that there is a right forum.

One HDR, one HD and one development HDR : )

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

Back