How to burn recording .ts file on PC to DVD

I found that I could achieve what I wanted with SUPER from eRightsoft followed by DVDVideoSoft. Many thanks to you all.

On the old site someone detailed how to go from TS to DVD keeping subtitles using only freeware -- has anyone got this list. Also, does the software mentioned above deal with subtitles?

Jim

Does anyone have a good answer after an adequate period for reflection? :cool:

Mike.

Just to clarify, was it the list of freeware you wanted or did you want to know if it dealt with subtitles?

Geoff

Just to clarify, was it the list of freeware you wanted or did you want to know if it dealt with subtitles?

Geoff

Um, I think if I had a list of freeware that retained subtitles then if I wanted to I could look up to see if the cited one was in the list... Yes, that is the better way round!

Cheers, Mike.

I have never dealt with subtitles but I have checked on the freeware I use which is ProjectX to demux the ts, Cuttermaran to edit the resultant m2v and mp2, DVDStyler (mplex) to mux back to an mpg and create a DVD. ProjectX generates a .sup and a .sup.IFO for subtitles. Cuttermaran doesn't appear to be able to handle subtitles at all. DVDStyler says it handles subtitles and is looking for file types of .sub, .srt, .ssa and various others but not .sup.

So the freeware I use cannot handle subtitles.

Sorry, Geoff.

When I was googling for subtitle file formats I saw mention of IfoEdit which had rudimentary DVD authoring but would handle .sup format subtitles. I have used it to take the output from ProjectX, the m2v, mp2 and sup, and create a VOB which plays successfully in VLC including subtitles. This combination may be worth playing about with.

Geoff

Back