How to burn recording .ts file on PC to DVD

M

Miguelito

Hi, I was a member of the old hummy forum and had great help from someone to get a USB > PC solution that worked. Pointed me to Enigma Eclipse which I down loaded and it has been great. So a bunch of great programs are on my USB drive and play great on PC with VLC media player. BUT I would like to burn 1 or more to DVD and play on my Sony DVD player. Also have some for son-in-law and grandson etc. Have burnt photos to CD and DVD for backup but never successfully written video to a DVD. Love my old 9200T.
I have used several methods without success. I have Windows Vista Home Premium with plenty of memory and disk space and I keep the OS up-to-date.
1. Windows DVD maker burnt a DVD; won't play on PC nor on DVD player
2. "Freemake Video Converter" off internet; to MPEG and then burn to DVD. Disk won't work on PC nor DVD Player
3. "DVD Flick" off internet; made a set of files and was able to burn to DVD. result same as for 2.
4. Downloaded "AVS Video Converter"; used the "non-activated, trial version". Would buy if it is the answer. Converted to MPEG then burnt DVD. Disc worked fine on computer, with their little messages about trial version, but would not play on Sony DVD player which at least gave message "Cannot play this disk".
Anyone got a suggestion of the best way to get one of these .ts files onto a DVD?

Once you get used to it, it is good for editing out adverts etc and then it joins all the signals back up nicely; some editors don't.

I agree that Video Redo is good. I've tried several DVD authoring applications and this is by far the easiest to use. When you've made your edits save it as a "project" and, if necessary, you can go make and fine tune it as many times as you like. It also has a very nice option to alter the audio synch of a recording, very useful. I find I have to set the audio behind the video by about 80ms on .ts file straight off a 9200T.

I can also recommend this software especially as the latest versions will edit H264 HD material from a Foxsat-hdr. Due to smart re-encoding it's lightning fast and customer support is amazing. All it currently lacks is support for AVCHD and bluray disc burning.

Thank you all. I believe you all, I am just a bit mean about the cost to make perhaps 2 or 3 DVDs a year..! (pensioner). The site has 3 products: TVSuite H.264 (what is that?) converts H.264 and MPEG $95.99; TVSuite Version 3 $74.99; and Plus native MPEG Video editor $49.99 which was a 2005 upgrade of the original Quick edit product of 2003 and which appears not to have a burn function. So am slightly confused as to what I should buy if one of these is the answer to my troubles. Any guidance? Is avs4you any use?

Thank you all. I believe you all, I am just a bit mean about the cost to make perhaps 2 or 3 DVDs a year..! (pensioner). The site has 3 products: TVSuite H.264 (what is that?) converts H.264 and MPEG $95.99; TVSuite Version 3 $74.99; and Plus native MPEG Video editor $49.99 which was a 2005 upgrade of the original Quick edit product of 2003 and which appears not to have a burn function. So am slightly confused as to what I should buy if one of these is the answer to my troubles. Any guidance? Is avs4you any use?

The plus version only has the editing capability and will output a file in the right format for dvd. You need a seperate DVD authoring package. DVDflick is free although a bit slow. The h264 version adds high definition editing which unless you are intending to get a HD satellite receiver you won't need.

You can try any of the versions for free. For 2 or 3 dvds the plus version plus DVDflick may well be all you need.

The plus version only has the editing capability and will output a file in the right format for dvd. You need a seperate DVD authoring package. DVDflick is free although a bit slow. The h264 version adds high definition editing which unless you are intending to get a HD satellite receiver you won't need.

You can try any of the versions for free. For 2 or 3 dvds the plus version plus DVDflick may well be all you need.

Thanks Graham. Could be my best route.

For SD recordings, I use "Super", (free) to convert the .ts files to ordinary Mpeg 2, then utilities from the DVD Video Soft suite (free) to edit and burn DVDs. Doesn't work for HD though.

I am just a bit mean about the cost to make perhaps 2 or 3 DVDs a year..! (pensioner)
Me to. The free route I use is ProjectX/Cuttermaran/DVDStyler. A bit clunky but works. I can provide more info if you are interested.

On the old site someone detailed how to go from TS to DVD keeping subtitles using only freeware -- has anyone got this list. Also, does the software mentioned above deal with subtitles?

Jim

I certainly got the ProjectX/Cuttermaran/DVDStyler combination from information on the old site but I don't know if it keeps subtitles. Sorry.

For SD recordings, I use "Super", (free) to convert the .ts files to ordinary Mpeg 2, then utilities from the DVD Video Soft suite (free) to edit and burn DVDs. Doesn't work for HD though.
Thanks. I have tried Super followed by DVD Video Soft. Worked fine first time; had to use "Long play" to get 151 mins. onto a standard DVD but the quality was good enough. How would you chop such a .ts file into 2 to make 2 DVDs ? Many thanks for this info.

Me to. The free route I use is ProjectX/Cuttermaran/DVDStyler. A bit clunky but works. I can provide more info if you are interested.
I will take a look at this solution and let you know if I need more help. Many thanks. Mike

You could use the video editor in "dvd soft" to cut a file in two, save the first half, then the second

Hi Miguelito,
I'm afraid I may be a little late with a reply on this one, but one of the cheapest ways may be to buy a cheap cr*ppy DVD player. I have known a number of people have issues with recorded DVDs (from PCs and DVD recorders) on the more upmarket DVD players, yet they work fine on the cheapest ones you can buy in Asda/Tesco etc. I'm sure I'm going to get shot down for suggesting such thing a thing, but to be honest, I'm not "clever" enough to really notice the difference, although that may also be because I don't have a great TV to output to.

You could use the video editor in "dvd soft" to cut a file in two, save the first half, then the second
OK I must look a little deeper. I liked this program but didn't pick up on that feature. Thanks.

Back