How to convert mp4 to HDR Fox T2?

vibez

I know I can use Av2hdr to convert ts files to play back on the fox t2, but it doesn't accept mp4 files. How can I convert mp4 to TS?

Let's be clear about this: You've posted in the HDR-FOX T2 section, but the title of the topic refers to HD-FOX T2. Which is it?

Regardless, both the HDR-FOX and the HD-FOX will definitely play MP4, but might not play a particular file if it uses the wrong codecs.

So what codecs are in your MP4's that it won't play? Run a tool called MediaInfo on them to find out.

I have no issue with the MP4, I just wanted the sidecar files to alongside it, so figured AV2HDR was the tool to do that, but it doesn't accept mp4 files

I have no issue with the MP4, I just wanted the sidecar files to alongside it, so figured AV2HDR was the tool to do that, but it doesn't accept mp4 files
Try TS Muxer GUI (Windows). Remux to m2ts format then rename to ts and copy to the HDR-FOX. You can then use the Sidecar package (custom firmware) to create the sidecar files.

Sorry, I misunderstood the original question. Read it too quickly I guess.

Sidecar files are not essential for FF/RW/skip, they work provided the MP4 is encoded with H.264 (AVC) video and AAC audio. The only thing you can't have without sidecars is bookmarks. Even resume is available, because the HDR-FOX creates a .hmi file to store it in.

Last edited:
Back