How To: Download Humax files to PC - DECRYPTED

Renaming did not work for me. But passing the file through another program to convert it worked fine. Then I could use MPEG Streamclip to edit the file. I would not even need to use the other program (VisualHub) if I did not want to edit.

A suggestion on The Other Place has eliminated the need to run XBMC at all. It's called UPnP Inspector (click here) and provides a file manager-like view into the DLNA server, where you can browse the folder structure and see the files listed - complete with URL path for the download.

Works fine. You have to right-click on the Humax and select "browse mediaserver". The properties for any particular file are displayed in the lower pane of the new pop-up, including the ability to right-click copy the download URL (it also offers to open it, but that doesn't seem to do anything - maybe it will one day).

Paste the URL into the wget command line and you're away.

Just a reminder though: by installing the MSP (Modified Software Project) on your HDR-FOX T2, you get a web browser interface with download abilities for StDef and HiDef files, no need for any of this fuss.

Original post on AVForums (click)

The Linux versions probably work on a Mac, given that they seem to be written in Python. But installation isn't so easy if one is not used to the command line.

XBMC and Cocoa wget are straightforward Mac programs that anyone should be able to install and use, though I don't know if they are compatible with the new Lion OS.

My way of streaming - just make sure dlna server on humax is enabled :
in webif /Browse Media Files/download / in the new page drop down arrow / show in folder / drag the new file onto VLC / Voila

Once the whole file is downloaded it will play in WMP also.

A suggestion on The Other Place has eliminated the need to run XBMC at all. It's called UPnP Inspector (click here) and provides a file manager-like view into the DLNA server, where you can browse the folder structure and see the files listed - complete with URL path for the download.

Works fine. You have to right-click on the Humax and select "browse mediaserver". The properties for any particular file are displayed in the lower pane of the new pop-up, including the ability to right-click copy the download URL (it also offers to open it, but that doesn't seem to do anything - maybe it will one day)

Brilliant. Copying the URL in to VLC works in Windows - now I don't have to reboot to Ubuntu just to watch a film.

Now just waiting/looking for the 'non-intrusive' way of making HD streamable (I don't want to flash the box if possible)

For that you'll need a HDCP-compliant DLNA client. I've not seen any practical way to do this (without running the MSP) except one: stream to a HD-FOX T2.

Hummy needed reboot.... download works fine through Chrome. What can I say..... so easy to grab recordings now!

I have done a major overhaul of post 1 to incorporate the information that came along after the fact.

Hi

I'm attempting to take what has been written here a step further, but have run into some problems.

At the moment I'm using a batch file which passes typed in command line arguments of the .ts file names to download a radio show to my hard drive & then play in Media Player Classic (IMO a bit better than VLC as it has bookmarks & auto follow-on features).

The batch script can use either wget or ffmpeg. The problem with these is they appear to have to be told explicitly which files to download. Wget can (with a bit of tweaking) download every file in a folder, but h**p://192.***.*.*:9000/web/media/*.TS retrieves every file on the Humax.

So, my question: Is there a way to download all the files in a specific folder without typing them in on the command line?

If webif can display them in a folder/treeview format, I'm hoping it's achievable via a command line.

I looked at using a ftp client & got the .ts file but all my media players refused to play it. Why is that?
f*p://humaxftp@192.***.*.*:/My Video/The Radcliffe and Maconie Show/The Radcliffe and Maconie Show_20140325_1300.ts

Here's the batch file (RM.bat) code:

:again
if not "%1" == "" (
C:\dwgs\Programs\GnuWin32\bin\wget "h**p://192.***.*.*:9000/web/media/%1.TS"
rem - shift the arguments and examine %1 again
shift
goto again
)
else (
exit
)

So I run it thus: RM 5900 5921 5935

Any help would be appreciated

Dave F.

I think you are onto a losing battle. The port 9000 accesses are specifically to the DLNA server, not the normal file system, and that is the trick that makes the files decrypt in transit. The files are accessed by an index number (as you have discovered) and not in any particular structure - any structure you see when using a DLNA client is recreated by the queries sent to the server and its responses.

What you would need to do is replicate the DLNA query that is sent when a client interrogates the server for folder contents information and capture the response to list the <number>.TS references. I don't know what those queries are, but a packet sniffer would let you see them taking place.

On the other hand, with the CF installed why is all this necessary? The point about this topic is to provide a means to extract decrypted files for anyone unwilling to install CF. With CF, you just decrypt everything in-situ and then access it using normal NAS file access (install the samba package) or WebIF download options for individual files (encrypted or not).

New information: there is a possibility that HiDef can be captured this way by defeating the protection, and this will also apply to HDR-1800T/2000T which do not stream HiDef at all without this trick. Use Foxy via FTP to clear the protection bit which prevents HiDef being decrypted when copied to USB, then move the recording to another folder so that the DLNA system is forced to re-index it. It is thought that clearing the ENC flag fools the indexer into thinking the recording is not HiDef (and therefore available to stream unprotected). Further details to follow.

Thanks to culbin for the clue:

I can confirm the 2000T does serve up HiDef content via DLNA after Foxy is used to first update the associated HMT file and the recording is moved to another folder (no additional partition required). I know this because I have two 2000T's on my home network and I stream recordings from one to the other.
StDef always works without any changes required. For HiDef this is my quickest method of decrypting.
1. Create a folder called Decrypt on the 2000T that holds the HiDef recording you want to decrypt.
2. Using FTP client copy the associated HMT file to a PC.
3. Using Foxy process the HMT file.
4. Using FTP cilent copy the updated HMT file back to the 2000T and overwrite the original.
5. Using the 2000T remote select the HiDef recording and move it to the Decrypt folder (this happens immediately with no waiting required).
6. The recording in the Decrypt folder is now decrypted. Move it back to the original folder if you want. This recording will now stream to another 2000T (or other DLNA device) or copy it off to a USB drive to play elsewhere.

For Linux users there is another way to download decrypted files. you can use djmount to mount the dlna server as part of the Linux filesystem, read only.
The files can be copied easily, although not very fast. I've done a bulk copy from just one command on the command line.
I had an Input/Output error with Debian's 64 bit djmount, the 32 bit package works fine.
The files are copied with the same name as on the HDR-FOX T2, no need to look up media-id's.

Interesting thread - thanks for the contributions so far and BlackHole for collating information.

With a few Raspberry Pi's around the house and Android devices with UPNP I find the HD encryption annoying from my HDR-2000t. I don't fully understand why Humax require to encrypt in the first place, given I can record on my media center PC using MediaPortal which does not encrypt.

In an effort to decommission my media center PC, I'm looking to try and automate the Foxy process. Some questions.

1) Does Foxy support command line arguments? Along the lines of invoking from vbscript file.
2) FTP'ing the HMT files from humax box to PC is easy enough, but does the moving of the TS file need to be done on the Humax box or can I do this straight from FTP? Wondering if needs to be manually driven by the Humax in order to update internal cache....etc Concerned I might corrupt the recording if I move TS files via FTP.

Ideally I'd want a workflow similar to:

a) ftp to Humax. Get a listing of today's recordings. Ignore anything in the last few hours (in case recording still taking place).
b) ftp HMT to local PC and run through FOXY. Copy back HMT to Humax
c) FTP related TS file to temporary folder and then move back.

(c) is the sticking point. If it needs to be done manually using the Humax UI then I'm wasting my time.

cheers

I think moving the file by FTP should work - the objective is to force the DLNA indexer to re-index the recording and find the Enc flag clear (and therefore streamable).

Foxy just clears the flag in any file you run it on - in Windows that means dropping a file onto it, I don't know whether that also means you can run it on a command line (but Raydon will).

Recordings are encrypted as a contractual obligation for the use of the EPG data in the 7-day guide.

tried moving by FTP, doesn't work. Doesn't look like it causes DLNA indexer to re-index :(

further more, once ftp'd for the move, manually moving using Opt UI does not cause re-index either :(

Last edited:
Back