How to get rid of the "Failed Recording" emails

aesmith

Hi,
I was wondering how to acknowledge or clear the Failed Recording emails, so that I won't get another one until next time a recording actually fails. The email I get every day lists six failed recordings in one folder (I found and deleted one zero length file in that directory a week or so ago), one failed recording in another directory and again I deleted the only zero length file there, and five failed recordings in a third directory that doesn't even exist.

Thanks, Tony S

All of the files should be in the directories listed
What is the Last seen time at the top of the Remote Scheduling web pages? Is it out of date

One of the easiest methods of cleaning up the failed recordings is on the RS home page where the failed recordings are listed with a dustbin icon to delete them

You can also disable the emails on the RS settings page if you don't want them anymore

One of the easiest methods of cleaning up the failed recordings is on the RS home page where the failed recordings are listed with a dustbin icon to delete them
If that doesn't work, and there's nothing to see on the media list or via the WebIF media browser, and a rs/sync diagnostic doesn't cure it, you need to go in through FTP, Telnet, or Webshell and examine the directories for orphaned files.

Thanks, when I looked at the file system later on yesterday there were a couple of failed recordings not listed in the emails. Actually I should have guessed what was happening because the local network settings on the Humax had been playing up, forgetting its manual address and changing back to DHCP. When I checked yesterday it had dropped right off with a spurious IP address of 192.1.2.100, meaning it wouldn't have been able to make Internet access.

No failed recording email this morning, so I guess it's all fixed and was just caused by a basic network problem.

Thanks for the other tips as well.

Back