How to prevent Humax from switching on at 4:20 in morning

Batman12

I'm currently trying to get rid of the update that occurs in the morning. My PVR is in my bedroom and it often wakes me up.

This is what I have done so far, I have installed the custom firmware, installed disable-ota.

On my schedule there is a reminder listed as 'disable-ota', 4:20 - 4:40, and is listed as channel 200.

I understand it stops the updates but what I really want is for it to not turn on. Does this stop my PVR from turning on in the morning?

I have since changed the reminder to a different channel BBC News as I wasn't too keen on turning on my PVR to be welcomed by Channel 200 every day. Now the schedule is no longer listed as disable-ota but now it's listed as BBC News. Have I inadvertently disabled 'disable-ota'?

I have tried to find my answer through these threads but cannot find any info as to whether the PVR turns on or not.

Any answers will be greatly welcomed.

In the webif settings screen, find the section for the settings for disable-ota and turn off the add reminder option. Then delete the 04:20 reminder from your schedule.
This should do the trick but without the reminder there is a small chance that a nightly wake up or update could slip through - it's unlikely though and it's not as if Humax are broadcasting updates any more.

In the webif settings screen, find the section for the settings for disable-ota and turn off the add reminder option. Then delete the 04:20 reminder from your schedule.
This should do the trick but without the reminder there is a small chance that a nightly wake up or update could slip through - it's unlikely though and it's not as if Humax are broadcasting updates any more.

When you say 'delete the 04:20 reminder from your schedule', do you mean delete it from webif or delete it from my actual Humax with the remote?

When you say 'delete the 04:20 reminder from your schedule', do you mean delete it from webif or delete it from my actual Humax with the remote?
Either,
If you use the webif it won't take effect until after the next reboot so you might still be awoken at 4:20 tomorrow

Some more information now that I have a real keyboard again:

The disable-ota package removes the 0420 wakeup events from the schedule whenever it sees them there during boot. In my experience, this is sufficient to stop the 0420 wake-ups and therefore prevent over-the-air updates. Some people, however, have seen the odd event slip back into the schedule and so for full protection against unwanted updates the package also adds a reminder to the schedule covering the OTA period. The addition of this reminder is optional and controlled through the settings screen.
So, if all you want to do is stop wake-ups during the night, install disable-ota, turn of the reminder addition and then remove any reminders that it has already added either via the web interface of the standard Humax on-TV interface.

One thing to watch is that unless you have some powered-on time each day the EPG will not be updated. That means that if you disable this wake-up slot and then go away for a two-week holiday, then it will stop recording series after the first week. It only updates the EPG when fully booted or during the 0420 wake-up slot.

That means that if you disable this wake-up slot and then go away for a two-week holiday, then it will stop recording series after the first week. It only updates the EPG when fully booted or during the 0420 wake-up slot.
There was some speculation that this has been cured in one of the Humax firmware updates. Is that not so?

There was some speculation that this has been cured in one of the Humax firmware updates. Is that not so?
They cured this by enabling EPG updates during the OTA check wake-up. If the OP removes that daily wake-up then the EPG will not update.

For those using Accurate Recording, the EPG has always been updated during the period when the box is half awake prior to a scheduled recording.
Firmware 1.03.12 was supposed to fix this for those using padding.
"- Resolved recordings failures (using Padding) when in standby for over 8 days"

They cured this by enabling EPG updates during the OTA check wake-up. If the OP removes that daily wake-up then the EPG will not update.
Some cure. Sounds like they went for the easy patch, in the expectation that nobody disables OTA.

One thing to watch is that unless you have some powered-on time each day the EPG will not be updated. That means that if you disable this wake-up slot and then go away for a two-week holiday, then it will stop recording series after the first week.
I'va had this on my box which is on 24/7.

Back