How to stream using MediaTomb without enabling default upnp to decrypt?

Gmaal

Hi all,
Newb post so apologies if answer is obvious. The situation is this, my HDR fox t2 is on the home network and I'm looking to enable upnp streaming across the network.

However, on the network I also have a zyxel nsa310 NAS running Twonky 7.something. This means if I turn on the default upnp server on the humax box it causes it to crash and reboot within a minute or two of powering on each time. This is a known error documented elsewhere, but without any published solution I can find. I have also found reboot issues from a number of upnp/dlna servers on my Mac as well, but have now got to the point the humax box will safely stream from both twonky on the has and pled on the Mac. Final step is to get stuff streaming from the fox t2.

My hope is streaming from mediatomb may not conflict with twonky in the same way... So, so far I have installed custom firmware, full webui, auto-unprotect and mediatomb. Mediatomb is showing as a server in my client, but empty of content. I assume this is because content is still encrypted. But to decrypt I need to turn on the default upnp (content share), which will cause the crasdh I've been trying to avoid from the start...

Is there a way forward that doesn't involve turning on content share, that can ideally automatically decrypt new content, without having the unit turn itself on throughout the night?

Thanks for any advice - and, indeed,for reading this far!

@Gmaal. Do you need to be able to stream from the NAS running Twonky to the HDR-FOX? If not you could use the workaround described in the wiki here to stop it crashing the HDR-FOX. This would allow you to turn the Humax DLNA server back on.

In an ideal world, i would like to maintain streaming from the nas to the HDR, as it's serving photos etc. As well - so an easy way to get them onto the 'big' screen. On the other hand, that can be one through the ps3 just as well... So I'll give it a try - thanks for the tip.

OK. Work around in place- turning on content share still caused the box to reboot - but on reboot nas not visible in network storage, so we shall see if it stays stable...

Good stuff. Currently watching video stored on the has on the HDR, via the Mac! Plex now set up to include in it's libraries a network mount of the video files on the nas... So it sucks them off and publishes them to the rest of the network, which means I can run upnp on the humax - thus decrypt HD files and serve them via mediatomb... And everything is thus visible to everything... Phew!

Back