How to use a humax DTRT2100 you view outside the UK

Nike

Is there a way that anybody can advice me on how to use the Humaz DTRT2100 you view outside the UK. I have recently expatriated and still wish to use my device. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way that anybody can advice me on how to use the Humaz DTRT2100 you view outside the UK. I have recently expatriated and still wish to use my device. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Obviously UK Freeview broadcasts will be unreceivable outside the UK. Is it your intention to use it for the local broadcasts, or for accessing UK catch-up?

With regard to the former: there might be a country setting in a hidden settings menu to set the localisation (including broadcast parameters - HDR-FOX includes (from Black Hole's Guide to the HDR-FOX/HD-FOX RC & Menu System):
Code:
Country Setting
   Australia | Austria | Cameroon | Croatia | Czech | Denmark | England | Estonia | Finland | France | Germany | Greece | Hungary | Ireland | Italy | Japan | Korea | Latvia | Lithuania | Netherlands | Norway | Poland | Portugal | Russia | Singapore | Slovakia | Slovenia | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Turkey | Ukraine | U.S.A. | Vietnam | Belgium | Luxembourg | Romania | Thailand | UAE | Bahrain | Egypt | Iran | Iraq | Kuwait | Oman | Qatar | Saudi Arabia
Operator Setting
   None | Ziggo | Comhem | KDG | SkyD | ApsHdplus | Ficom | Freesat | CanalReady | RCS | NtvPlus | BBC | UPC
That said, I have no idea what parts of the world (other than UK) YouView operates in, and (as I understand it) the DTR-T2100 (and all YouView boxes) runs a user interface defined by YouView, not Humax.

With regard to UK streaming services, typically they refuse to serve content to IP addresses outside the UK. Your best chance is to use a VPN to "pipe" your accesses so the appear to come from the UK, but the content providers are wise to this and commonly block IP addresses of VPN services. This is for licensing reasons.

there might be a country setting in a hidden settings menu to set the localisation (including broadcast parameters
There isn't - or at least no one has been able to find and report so far.

That said, I have no idea what parts of the world (other than UK) YouView operates in
Just UK.

With regard to UK streaming services, typically they refuse to serve content to IP addresses outside the UK. Your best chance is to use a VPN to "pipe" your accesses so the appear to come from the UK, but the content providers are wise to this and commonly block IP addresses of VPN services. This is for licensing reasons.
When setting up a youview box from scratch, or after some of the 5 different resets, more than a VPN is needed to use all the catch-up services that would be available with a working aerial in the UK. ITVHub catch-up app is not available unless the box has been tuned to ITV (LCN 3). All4 catch-up app is not available unless the box has been tuned to Channel 4 (LCN 4).

So that's basically "not a hope in hell" then. I expected that, but tried to put as much gloss on it as I could.

Sounds like the best way to extract some value is to flog it off on eBay.

Back