Humax 4000T chasing play, recording stops short

PaulJ_Bton

I have a Humax 4000T 1TB running the latest software UKTFAE 1.03.45 and I have noticed a recent problem.

I was watching channel 4 news from the beginning and pressed record half way along to record the whole programme for my wife to watch. I went back to start watching from the beginning in the recording list but the recording stopped at about halfway through at the 'real time' end of the programme (i.e at 8pm) only recording half of the programme. There was no recording immediately after the programme to stop the Humax but there was one later at about 9pm

This is very frustrating as I am sure the box should record the whole programme from the beginning and then be able to watch it in full to the end in chasing play mode and not stop unexpectedly. My wife says this has happened to her repeatedly.

Can you offer solutions or work arounds. I haven’t tried defaulting the machine again. I have done it a few times since the update. But it is a pain to re log into catch up services and Netflix each time.

On a HDR-FOX you would have to scroll back to the beginning of the programme before pressing record (otherwise the recording would start at the current point), and then playback would have to be live until the transfer from the TSR buffer to the recording file had caught up. I take it the 4000T is more sophisticated from this point of view.

On a HDR-FOX you would have to scroll back to the beginning of the programme before pressing record (otherwise the recording would start at the current point), and then playback would have to be live until the transfer from the TSR buffer to the recording file had caught up. I take it the 4000T is more sophisticated from this point of view.
With the Huamx FVP it will record as much as in the buffer from the schedule start of the current programme. If you want before that as well then you would need to scroll back.
https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/recording-the-buffer#post-42735

With the 4000T you can record from any point at it records the whole programme. But there seems to be a bug. It recorded from the beginning but gave up too early. I tried it on another program and it gave up after 15 mins.

I’ve also got a HDR Fox T2 and you did have to scroll back to record from that point.

I’ve just tried just chasing play on the 4000T without recording and that worked ok as long as I am not recording on the same channel immediately after the one I’m watching. But surely the recording should ‘protect’ the programme up to its scheduled end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted that very Same problem with "my 2 cents". Chase play simply doesn't work. The chase play back always seems to stop and switch back to live at the real program end time so you can't watch the end

I have a Humax 4000T 1TB running the latest software UKTFAE 1.03.45 and I have noticed a recent problem.

I was watching channel 4 news from the beginning and pressed record half way along to record the whole programme for my wife to watch. I went back to start watching from the beginning in the recording list but the recording stopped at about halfway through at the 'real time' end of the programme (i.e at 8pm) only recording half of the programme. There was no recording immediately after the programme to stop the Humax but there was one later at about 9pm

This is very frustrating as I am sure the box should record the whole programme from the beginning and then be able to watch it in full to the end in chasing play mode and not stop unexpectedly. My wife says this has happened to her repeatedly.

Can you offer solutions or work arounds. I haven’t tried defaulting the machine again. I have done it a few times since the update. But it is a pain to re log into catch up services and Netflix each time.

When you just press record part way through a programme it will record whats in the buffer and the remaining programme, but it will stop at the original end of programme time.

If you want to ensure you get more of the programme in case it over runs you can press record a second time to extend the length of the recording.

It does say somewhere in the manual that if you do an 'instant record' it will only record for the original broadcast time and ignore any end of/start of broadcast signals.

That's the way it should happen but it just doesn't. It records from the start but quits chase play when the live program ends so you don't get to see the end?? Affectively useless

When you just press record part way through a programme it will record whats in the buffer and the remaining programme, but it will stop at the original end of programme time.

If you want to ensure you get more of the programme in case it over runs you can press record a second time to extend the length of the recording.

It does say somewhere in the manual that if you do an 'instant record' it will only record for the original broadcast time and ignore any end of/start of broadcast signals.

I presume somebody has told Humax about this (in rather more descriptive terms)? It's the sort of bug that got sorted on HDR-FOX over the years (not that one specifically).

Yes I sent a copy of my original post to Humax. Haven’t heard back yet.

I have tried the suggestion about extending the record time and it seemed to work ok. but I’ll have to try it out on the same programme and conditions.

Another similar problem is the green button ‘watch programme from the beginning’ that never allows you to watch to the end.

I did get a reply from Humax but it was just to default the box, which I have done. Haven’t tried the same instant record and chasing play scenario

The replies from customer service are always to reset the box because this does not admit problems with the design and suggest it's just your box and your fault

Back