Humax appears to have hung?

Michael Slater

I am away for the next month and a few days ago queued a few recordings. I looked this morning and they are still queued. The Humax is shown as last seen the 3rd so last week, and before I set the recordings. I tried a scheduled reboot but it has not taken that. But I am getting a reported failed recording (not one of those queued). I suspect it is hung is there anyway I can force a reboot/restart remotely?
Michael

'Fraid not.

System hangs are not uncommon, at least one person on this forum has a mains timeswitch to force a cold boot periodically.

It doesn't happen too often but it does happen for no obvious reason.
Mine hung last night about 9:15 whilst recording the Bletchley program an it wont respon to remote or to switch on the front so there is no hope of doing anything remotely.

Not that hard - there's nothing to be done in preparation because there's nothing you can do. Just turn it off and on again (switch on the rear panel, left hand end seen from the front).

Yes I know, you have not seen how I have my AV kit stored. The Humax is pretty much a redundant piece of kit for me I use it purely for recording Freeview and using the hummy package when I am away. Its stashed towards the back and I am afraid that an un-knowledgable hand will do something that takes me ages to trace when I get back. But thanks for the swift answer at least I know that I have only one choice!

Unless you have some kind of VPN set up, you are restricted to negotiating via the RS - which the HDR will sync with periodically when it is awake.

Thanks all seems to be OK now except my list of recorded stuff only shows as at end of August??
(255.61 GiB) as at 2:06 am on Monday, 31st August 2015

Mine seems to have started exhibiting this dead/not responding to remote or buttons. I looked in the crash log and no record is made of it. I seem to remember somewhere in the forum someone had something to notify him if t2 was not seen by the rs website. anyone knows where I have seen this?

I looked in the crash log and no record is made of it.

If the system freezes, as it sometimes does, obviously it is incapable of recording the fact. The only recovery is to power off and power on again, and this will appear as a normal boot cycle.

I am still having problems my scheduled recordings remain in pending, and now my Humax has not been seen for over 24 hours. I did some scheduled reboots in between the recordings too.

Please post that in the relevant topic to continue the discussion there. This looks like something only af123 can solve.

I have just realised that I should have done whatever the last retuning was. Would entries for now missing channels from the line-up cause the hangs?

Back