Humax automatic powerdown

Cameron Cooke

I was watching the BBC news channel and then this message was displayed: "The receiver will turn off in 2 minutes due to automatic power down" My Humax shortly after switched off.

Anyone know why it would do this or anyone else has similar issues?

I was watching the BBC news channel and then this message was displayed: "The receiver will turn off in 2 minutes due to automatic power down" My Humax shortly after switched off.

Anyone know why it would do this or anyone else has similar issues?

Page 34 of the manual-

'Setting Power On/Off Timer'

MENU-Settings_Preferences_Time

There is an option under "System" called "Automatic Power Down" which puts the unit into standby if there is no user input for 3 hours. You were so engrosed in the news that you didn't press a button for 3 whole hours. Best turn the option off.

Yes, but during this time most people will use the remote control to adjust the volume, change channel, check the guide, etc., doing any of these things will start the 3 hours countdown again so it should not be an issue.

Surely people watch TV for longer than 3 hours? I had the news on in the background while I worked.

That's why you're given the option to turn that function off.

Mind you, the Humax does have some funny choices of defaults - the power saving option for example, leads to lots of people who daisy-chain their aerial cable on to the TV thinking there's something wrong with the box when it's just another odd option that needs changing to keep the feed to the aerial feed going.

Yes, but during this time most people will use the remote control to adjust the volume, change channel, check the guide, etc., doing any of these things will start the 3 hours countdown again so it should not be an issue.

So it's on by default? Shows how much I play with the remote :p - but that will probably be ad-skipping lol

I saw this message for the first time while watching Comic Relief on Friday night - I guess it proves what a compulsive channel-hopper I normally am!! :rolleyes:

Back