Humax box does not like Denon amp.

steveflint76

My box has trouble establishing a connection on HDMI with my amp (Denon AVR-2310)
When the box boots I see the Freesat logo the the picture pulses on and off and the sound cuts in and out. The picture and sound indicators on the amp flicker while this is happening. Is this a handshake problem?
Sometimes it will sort itself out in a few seconds, other times much longer. Switching channels or restarting helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have exactly the same problem with my new 1100S. It was the same with the Foxsat HDR that it replaced.

To fix the problem I have the 1100S connected directly to the TV with HDMI and the audio connected via an optical cable between 1100S and Denon amp.

The only problem (a first world problem) is now of course the volume level does not display on the screen.

Has anyone discovered a fix for this HDMI handshake issue? Slightly annoyed that is is still present on the newer hardware.

My box has trouble establishing a connection on HDMI with my amp (Denon AVR-2310)
When the box boots I see the Freesat logo the the picture pulses on and off and the sound cuts in and out. The picture and sound indicators on the amp flicker while this is happening. Is this a handshake problem?
Sometimes it will sort itself out in a few seconds, other times much longer. Switching channels or restarting helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check if there is an update for the receiver firmware.

http://firmware.denon.eu/index.php

Same with Humax boxes and an Onkyo amp. Even the hdmi/optical route did not work, as they did the same with a Samsung TV. I then tried an hdmi matrix, but the problem persisted.

I fixed the problem as follows. I bought two Panasonic PVRs, no problems since.

Back