Humax crashes every 30-50 minutes - how do I fix it?

geordie

My Humax crashes every 30-50 minutes. Firstly the screen freezes for about 1-2 minutes but the sound continues, then there is a loud pop and the screen goes off and it restarts.

I have started my investigation by looking at the hard drive and run a fixdisk. I have attached screenshots of the state of the drive after fixdisk. So does the problem look like it is the drive or could it be one of the other components? If it is one of the other components, I will need someone who can look at it but I will save that until I can do no more.

Attachments

• humax1.png
    humax1.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 25
  • humax2.png
    humax2.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 23
Cheers, I want to avoid reformatting the HDD and given the box doesn't crash immediately, that page looks like there are other things to consider. Some of the options are Reset DLNA Database and disconnect network. How will doing them affect the EPG, making recordings, decrypting etc.

I would confirm that the fan is spinning, the max. temperature of 71 deg. C suggests it isn't keeping the Humax cool enough and the unit could be crashing because of it

Some of the options are Reset DLNA Database and disconnect network. How will doing them affect the EPG, making recordings, decrypting etc.
The various interventions are diagnostic, not necessarily permanent, but in any case I don't see what they have to do with the EPG. A crashing HDR-FOX can't be relied upon to make recordings anyway.

Running over-temp would certainly have the effect you report, so I suggest you look at Section 3 first.

The values of attributes 197 and 198 in the hard drive SMART data are a concern. In addition to investigating the temperature issue, I would suggest running fix-disk.

Is the fan running?, how hot is this component to the touch?, if hot it could easily be causing the crashing

2021-02-13_17.19.43.jpg

That's a secondary issue. Fix the heat problem first (or at least ensure there isn't a heat problem).

Back