Humax DTR-2100, Getting a root shell?

KrYnoMoRe

I have been trying to get a shell on my box, It runs Linux and should be simple but it is not.
Things i have done
  • On reboot port 22 becomes active for 20 secs but then the firewall starts up
  • Doing a full nmap scan i noticed some ports are open 8888/tcp and if you open it in a web browser it give a error "{"type":"","message":"Failed to map HTTP request to DBus call: no match found"}" It looks to be a web server, But why is the question
  • Plugged in a mouse and keyboard, And hey it has a keyboard and mouse compatibility, So maybe a menu hidden some where it has a mouse pointer (but you can not click anything)
  • Plugged hard drive into a linux pc looked in all the partitions what might be the root of the os found nothing, Maybe its booted from ram
I will be looking into this more and i will keep you informed

Thanks

Certain Humax products e.g. HD / HDR-Fox T2 and Foxsat HDR have had root access added by installing Customised Firmware packages, the YouView products do not have (and are not likely to get) Custom Firmware packages, unless a 'back door' is found

Certain Humax products e.g. HD / HDR-Fox T2 and Foxsat HDR have had root access added by installing Customised Firmware packages, the YouView products do not have (and are not likely to get) Custom Firmware packages, unless a 'back door' is found
I am looking into finding a backdoor but it is not looking so good, If i do i will update here

The other Humax units had a Telnet package added to a copy of the main *.hdf file that you would use to upgrade their firmware, however that involved re-generating the *.hdf file. The knowledge of how to do that is only held by a few people (I'm certainly not one of them), also things were changed on the YouView units that prevented the 'people in the know' from doing the same trick with the new units

Back