Humax EPG

makem

Is it possible to have the default EPG as a Favourite Group rather than having to select it every time from Groups?

In Webif Settings>>General Settings there is an option to choose from up to 5 Favourites as your default EPG (or None).

In Webif Settings>>General Settings there is an option to choose from up to 5 Favourites as your default EPG (or None).

Hmm, I was just congratulating myself that I had bought a Humax. But, above did not work for me :(

Webif>Settings>General Settings>Channel Group for EPG. choose Favourites1>Set

Receive the confirmation message, reboot just in case it is necessary.

Select EPG and find default is still TV and there is an unordered list of channels.

Select Group>Favourites1 and see the correct ordered list. Close the EPG and open again - back to TV :(

Now that is a little strange because I have deleted every channel I don't use and put all the remaining channels in an ordered list in Favourites1. The TV list is empty in the Edit Channels>Edit Favourite List.

I assume I have done something wrong but cannot see what/where.

I thought you were trying to get your Favourite 1 to stick in the Webif. What I suggested does not affect the standard Humax Guide.(AFAIK)

Ok, an easy mistake, thanks anyway for your interest.

So, there is no way the have an ordered channel list as default on the Humax EPG without using Favourites which you can only access via a further two selections after selecting the EPG.

Seems very amiss of Humax. I would have at least hoped for an ability to re-arrange the TV list into a sensible order for the user rather than what happens to come up in tuning.

Still, I suppose we can't have everything.

The way of getting your favourites to 'stick' is to go into Guide >> Blue >> select your favorites list then select a program from your favourites that actually changes the channel, that is usually enough to allow an exit from the EPG and a re-entry that opens with your favourites list. You have to 'use' the new favorites list to change channel in order to make it the default.

Also selecting the channels you want, in the order you want, and adding one at a time will give you a reordered favourite list.

The Web-IF should display the re-ordered favourites list Example HERE, If you have selected your favorites list in the settings menu >> Channel Group for EPG

I agree it should, but it doesn't. It was a reordered list I tried as an experiment, choosing channels at random.
It may be an iPad/Safari quirk. No problem though as my two "normal" lists display properly.

My list which I re-ordered via the Humax settings survives on Web-IF, showing me what I see on the Humax EPG. I am viewing via a TV.

Be careful - selecting a channel that isn't one of your favourites (e.g. using the keypad) will knock it out of 'favourites' mode and give you everything on the EPG. Long-time annoying Humax bug!

Very peculiar! My reordered Favourite 3 list, which works on the TV, refuses to display in the Webif EPG if Favourite 3 is set in Settings. If I set Favourite 4, which is empty on the Humax, then Favourite 3 displays perfectly.
Anybody else tried Favourite 3?

Not tried that, so not the problem. I have no need for a reordered list, it was just an experiment. I don't suppose many people have three favourite lists, but then again maybe many people do. :D

Be careful - selecting a channel that isn't one of your favourites (e.g. using the keypad) will knock it out of 'favourites' mode and give you everything on the EPG. Long-time annoying Humax bug!

True but a quick Guide >> Group >> {select your favourite} >> change channel, will lock it back to your favorite list again

Back