Humax F2-FOX T freeview box. Re-tuned today, as requested 17 07 2018. Now cannot get Dave or Sky News.

justmegt

Hardware Version: NEO REV 1.0

Software Version: MGFTF 1.00.12

Loader Version: L 1.05

System ID: 1fff.ffff

Update Date: 07 APR 2005 :-(

Not bothered about Sky News but miss Dave.

Please can anyone help.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
This is not your STB's fault (whatever box it is - I don't understand your title).

All that has happened is Dave has shuffled onto a multiplex you can't receive, either because it is too low power or because it is outside the reception band of your aerial. You may have more luck with Dave+1.

For info about your reception conditions see https://hummy.tv/forum/link-forums/digital-uk-coverage-checker.41/

Thanks for your help.

I'm just using an indoor aerial, which has been OK for years, on the first floor. I can see the Sandy Heath transmitter in the distance.

Dave Ja Vu is OK.

It's a very old Humax Set Top Box, which I have now included in the title. When I check the signal it says:

Strength flicks between (28%) and (60%). Mainly staying on 60%

Quality (0%)

I can still receive Dave on my main TV after re-tune.

Is Dave carried on a T2 mux now? If so, a DVB-T receiver won't ever pick it up (but presumably your main TV can receive the HiDef services and therefore DVB-T2).

The TV is a Panasonic TH 50PZ81B. I bought it for the Beijing Olympics in 2008. It has DVB-S2 and DVB-T tuners. The Freeview signal is also from an indoor aerial. Everything seems fine with this TV. HD is only available on the Freesat tuner.

I still get Dave on lcn12 COM5
Ditto.
Is Dave carried on a T2 mux now?
Not in the East Midlands.
However, a while back Waltham did a swap and (senior moment!) COM7 or COM8 swapped with COM5.
I suspect the transmitter the OP uses did the same. Whether the power went down at the same time - don't know.
Unless we know what transmitter justmegt uses can't really comment further.

Sandy Heath

I just re-tuned another Freeview Box (A little Virgin Box), also on an indoor aerial, Dave and Sky News are OK. It's just the Humax F2 FOX T that isn't picking up Dave or Sky News.

Last edited:
Problem Solved.

Thank you everyone for your help.

I tried re-tuning several times and always got 152/200 ch (whatever that means).

I returned everything to the default settings. I thought I had already done that (senior moment).

After re-setting the box to the default settings I got 00/200 ch and re-tuned. Now everything seems to work OK. Dave and Sky News are both back.

The only problem I had was subtitles appearing on all channels. I think this is a standard fault on this box. I went into the menu and selected manual subtitles and got rid of the problem.

I think it's time to get rid of this box and get a more up to date one with HD HDMI outputs. I didn't want to sell it to someone not working 100%.

I just watched the tennis using this box and the picture quality was hard work. I watched some tennis on the main TV in HD and what a difference. I have now moved my Foxsat HDR box into this room feeding into a DVI-D socket on the TV and wow what a difference. I wish I had done this before the tennis started. Got the F1 to look forward to, while it's still on CH4.

One happy bunny.

Last edited:
It's not about charm. It's about facts. Sorry if you don't like it, but you need to be realistic about things. Just look on eBay for such things and see how many don't get sold, or try leaving it outside and see who nicks it.
It's like old CRT TVs - people used to break into houses to nick 'em, and now you have to pay someone to take 'em away if you can't do it yourself.

Last edited:
It's like old CRT TVs - people used to break into houses to nick 'em, and now you have to pay someone to take 'em away if you can't do it yourself.
Got one large colour and one b/w portable if anyone wants to pinch them. Can't manage to cart them to the tip myself. :)

Please can someone confirm I understand this correctly:

152/200 ch. Before re-setting to default values.

0/200 ch. After re-set.

Does this mean the old channel frequencies were still being stored in memory and after re-set the new frequencies were stored.

I don't understand where the 200 comes from.

Back