Humax Faults v. Serial Number

HDR-FOX T2 1TB - Bought from Argos April, returned end July.
SN: 63710579800804
Can no longer get it to connect to network. Message saying 'network connection unplugged'.
Tried everything from new cable, reset, different router.
Returned no problems.

Not much use without a serial number. The idea is to see if any of these resurface as reconditioned units.

I returned my Device Serial Number 63710472300057 to Humax due to it dropping the Audio to the HDMI connection after a short time, My tv was a Panasonic P42G20B, the audio via the Scart was unaffected, returned and sorted no issues since :)

That's interesting, we have always assumed a HDMI problem would remain even if the hardware was changed. Has the replacement got updated firmware compared with what you sent back?

Not sure on the Firmware question and not easy to check as I am no longer at home, I did flash it right away with the customised software though...... When I contacted Humax they swapped it right away and mine was bought as a Grade A box from Humax Direct

If the new one has 1.03.06 firmware we can be sure it is updated (there is no other current source).

The replacement unit for my HDR-T2 (1tb) has now failed with hard drive failure. Settings menu show data storage greyed out. Replacement unit to be returned ser. no. 63710557400463. My original posting on this unit was no. 37.
I had been having problems and used fix-disc to rectify the problems but that was 3 days ago so I was too late it seems!

Three returns in last few months.
63710558000123 - HDR FOX T2 1TB - Disk stutter and very loud disk noise (above noise of TV)
63710557400083 - HDR FOX T2 1TB - When warm, goes into reboot cycle (when disk accessed?)
63710579100027 - HDR FOX T2 1TB - Random box lock ups, recording stutter and signal quality bouncing between 10 and 80%

Are Humax still sending out reconditioned HDR Fox T2s? I would assume that even if there were boxes still under warranty (previously reconditioned?) that they would now be replaced by an upgraded unit?

Back