Humax Foxsat HDR is able to play your webif files direct from the interface to a third party Android Apk. Works

taking stick

Install customised firmware on your Humax Foxsat HRD. Good tutorial on YouTube by The Rastro Bristolean. Once running install MediaTomb and TwonkyMedia on the platform. Just leave them there, no need to interfere with them.

On a pad or phone, go to PlayStore and download mconnect player lite. Once installed fire it up. Click on browser. As part of your local media you will see your computer, MediaTomb and TwonkyMedia. click on one, your video files will come up. Click on a video file. It will ask you which player you want to use. On my Android pad I have a few players installed. I clicked on VLC. I was expecting the worse.--------But wait for it. RESULT, IT WORKED. I didn't try this on an Android phone, I'll let you test this out.

I hope you find this posting useful, and I hope by trial and error you will be able to follow it.

Now at School I was always bottom when it came to English. But it has never held me back.

I'm like a dog with a bone, I put the time in and I usually get there. As an example of this I downloaded seven network media player to my Android pad, in turn I fired them up, most I couldn't make head or tails of so in turn I deleted them, then I found "mconnect" what a gem, how simple-------so to all keep it simple.

And to everybody stop the put downs, most of us just want a little encouragement.

Most of the time us newbies, don't know what you experts are talking about. (half the time, I don't know what I'm talking about)

Maybe my post wants expanding on. Well. I'll leave it up to you. I've done my bit.

As an afterthought. Download Twonky player from Android Play Store. Fire this up, as above it will see the same folders and video files.. and will throw them to your smart TV how good is that. Like me the old Foxsat is getting a bit long in the tooth, but new technology and applications have come to it's rescue.

Last edited:
VLC is perfectly capable of streaming from Mediatomb without the aid of another app. All this "mconnect" app seems to be doing is providing you with (yet another) means to browse your home network for file/streaming servers. I don't know whether VLC has screen casting ability.

Twonky Server + Twonky Player sounds like a useful combination... assuming the Foxsat isn't connected to the TV in the first place! However, I should point out that Twonky has been available through the Foxsat CF for maybe a decade, so it's not exactly news.

stop the put downs
It isn't appropriate to pollute a thread by continuing a gripe from a different thread. The criticisms were valid:
  • Garbled posts are difficult to understand and might be misinterpreted or ignored altogether. If the poster is asking for help, it is beholden on them to present their information clearly so it can be assimilated quickly. At least this thread opens with a post which is broken into paragraphs.

• Any misinformation has to be challenged and countered, otherwise it circulates around the Internet. Out-of-date information is bad enough.
I thought it was Gen Z who are the snowflakes. Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click)

No doubt you have the power to remove this posting. Then please remove it. It's like being at school. I give up.

I didn't start the intellectual put downs

Yes, it will already do this and that, you know this but most people don't. I got straight to the point. better than wading through comment after comment with no result.

To anybody out there who is thinking of doing a posting. Don't cos this is what you are up against. A very good example of promoting encouragement.

With out your help I'll stick at it, eventually I'll get it to work. from local or far.

Thank you and goodbye, The clue is in my tag. Taking Stick. I've taken this all my life and from folk worse than you. and do you know I'm now very good at giving it back. So don't start me off. Lets quit while we are both ahead. Who needs Grammarly.

Back