Humax Foxsat HDR - Picture breakup only on some channels

We have been here before! The almost horizontal LNB arm seems to attract wet, sticky snow on mine. Swings and roundabouts?
Had snow on my lnb arm many times and never lost the picture, 3 ins of sticky snow on the dish face knocked out reception completely. As my dish is only 6ft of the deck MK1 broom sorted it out.

Most aren't. So you are saying that snow on the LNB arm and over the lnb are not a problem are you, and I am a liar? :)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=snow on lnb

Pardon what are you on about. Merely reporting that snow on the lnb and arm has never been an issue for me and that snow on the dish face has. My dish is in a sheltered position low down between myself and a neighbours so possibly not as exposed as yours is. So are you calling me a liar ?

Hi all, read most of this but it was getting a bit "edgy"!

Just a quick suggestion - I had a very similar problem some time ago with picture drop out and pixellation on some channels - it turned out to be the fact that my broadband router was on a shelf in my office adjacent to where the satellite dish was mounted externally - I moved the router to the other side of the room and problem solved! I assume it was probably the WiFi signal causing a problem in the LNB?

Just a thought.

So what exactly was the point of your post then? It came across as a put-:duel:down.
Merely pointing out that the post I linked to on the satcure site claiming this as an advantage of the offset dish design corresponds to what has happened to me since installing a dish in 2008. I do have a larger zone 2 dish in the Midlands so have more bad weather margin than anyone using a zone 1 dish.

Back