humax foxsat hdr - recording not working

jacqui53

i have the above system and today cannot access recordings on hard drive - the media button does not work on remote (everything else works on remote). hard drive seems to have vanished or stopped working
someone please advise me if i can do anything about this? do i go without a hard drive now so no recording? can i buy a new hard drive and from where?
Oh dear hope some one can help me

could not access rewind or pause live tv, even the record button would not work and even the schedule for future recording had vanished and emptied itself!!!! when went to bed switched the humax off by unplugging it. this morning the was now showing and could access the recording so media button defo working and even the recording red button worked - spent time checking everything so all seemed to be ok. mmmmm after the system being on for an hour just checked all ok again and media button working ok but now when go onto recordings it shows nothing recorded but shows the hdd has 35%. Via menu last night settings showed recording not accessable and also the hdd control not accessable via the menu. does this mean the hard drive is on its way out, will check again in another hour what i can access as far as hdd is concerned - advise. many thanks

It might indicate impending drive failure or it may just be a bad connection on the drive data connection. Try removing the cover remove the drive data connector and firmly replace it. The drive is easily replaced with a AV specced drive up to 1TB. Above the size the box won't do the setuo for you. If you replace the drive you may be able to recover the existing recordings.

http://foxsatdisk.wikispaces.com/Simple HDD swap

Current 3.5 in WD AV sata2 drives are specified as AV-GP

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/internal/av/

Graham, I was thinking along the same lines, but as there is another thread with similar issues could it be something related to the recent firmware update?

Graham, I was thinking along the same lines, but as there is another thread with similar issues could it be something related to the recent firmware update?

I doubt it, no problems with mine on 1.00.20. Not seen anything that didn't turn out to be a HDD disk issue. The most recent being down to using a PC drive to replace the original. This often is preceded by lock ups during timeshifting due to sector errors in the fixed 0.ts timeshift recording files. The new firmware may have revealed underlying problems with the hdd, I can't see it actually causing them.

Back