Humax FVP-5000T

WiFi can't possibly be on when the box is in low power sby. Sby power is less than 0.5W, just enough to respond to a recording schedule.

Surely a check at the router for connected devices with the box on S/B would prove/disprove that theory GLT?

Mine is connected by cat 5. You can't see it when in sby, even if you turn off low power sby to enable rf loopthrough you can't see it. If you read the 5000T threads at Hummy.TV those using WiFi report the box says not connected for a short period after boot until the WiFi gets a IP address.

Well just discovered HHGTTG, that the only way to turnoff wifi is to do a Factory Reset!!!
So it seems that the info above is incorrect? Or does it mean that once you have set WiFi to on and connected to a WiFi system, there is no way of turning it off permanently? But given that it's off when the box is in standby, that would appear to be the answer to HHDTTG's question at post #16 second sentence without the rant.
With these devices, using WiFi, can this be turned off easily or is it not advisable? Or does it turn off when the Humax is in Standby anyway?

I won't be rushing out to buy one until I have seen it working for myself and that its at least as fast as the HDR-FOXT2 in all its menu actions.

I think Humax should offer a goodwill gesture part exchange for all us early adopters of the FVP4000T, especially considering how awful it was when it was first released.... won't happen of course, but nice to dream!

A better goodwill gesture might be to release a software update to fix the issues.

Well just discovered HHGTTG, that the only way to turnoff wifi is to do a Factory Reset!!! This is apalling. Poor security. At least with my telly I can put in a wrong password. With this box - if I do that - it just goes back to the correct password. It's awful. and I have a list pf problems growing by the day. What was a cracking system with the FoxT2 is now a pile of ****

I am going to go back to the T2 - download the customware, get a new drive if necessary, use the new box as a back up. :-(

I use Almond 3 routers to provide a mesh network. One of the benefits is that I can schedule connection permission at device level.

-- duplicate messages --
Is there any way to delete these damn things?
You could report the post and ask for it to be deleted, or perhaps edit your own post and delete the contents, and replace with the word 'Deleted'. Mods will see this, and delete the post.

...and if you chip in to the forum hosting costs via the donate button, you get enhanced privileges such as a delete button (for your own posts only).

Back