Humax HD/HDR Fox T2 in New Zealand

RobNZ

Hi there, my first post in this forum. It looks as though this box can do everything I want, but can I use it in NZ? I have read a basic write up from an expat Brit using one here, it functioned but the timezone on the original firmware could not accommodate ours. Question is: will the customised firmware allow me to set a NZ time?
Any other Kiwis using this box?

Thanks in advance, Robbie

I don't think the Custom Firmware will help with this problem. The CFW allows extra processes to run in parallel to the main humaxtv programme and in general doesn't change what humaxtv is doing. The CFW can intercept certain messages between the main CPU and the front panel timer unit but I don't think that will help

Thanks Ezra, its a bit disappointing, but is anyone able to confirm there is no New Zealand timezone in the firmware settings. I know I am clutching at straws, but I don't want to write the Humaxtv off just yet.

The Hidden Menu >> Get Network Time = No Offset (from GMT) or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Hour and Country Settings = England plus 47 other countries, New Zealand is not in the list but Australia is

New Zealand is not in the list but Australia is
I'm not 100% convinced that a Kiwi will appreciate being associated with Australia:frantic:
But seriously, can the time zone not just be set by using the number of hours offset from GMT without the use of a country name? It sounds like it from Ezra's reply.

I'd have thought so.
In any case, the Humax software only sets the clock from the DVB stream at boot up. You can use any NTP client to change it subsequently. In fact you need to if you want the clock to stay in sync. and you are not rebooting it every day.

Sounds like the hidden menu will sort out your issue - you should still install the cf though!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not 100% convinced that a Kiwi will appreciate being associated with Australia:frantic:
Just pointing out that Australia is probably the closest listed Country (Time Zone) on the Humax, although I guess the Country option sets up an expected TV standard and I'm not sure if Oz and NZ are the same

Australia East (Brisbane) is 2 hours behind New Zealand. Australia West is 4 hours behind.

New Zealand is currently GMT+12

I've got the same problem in Sweden, had to set the TZ hard in the hidden menu.

Works perfectly, then use the ntp client to make sure the box runs with the clock
set properly, for that the Humax have to have internet access at least during
start up.

Back