Humax HDR 1000s Freesat

TANGLEWOOD

I have heard the new box is having problems with recordings. Anyone have views about this box? Looking to buy a Freesat HDR box but confused. Has anyone any suggestions? Thank you.

Yes currently having issues with recording, should be fixed shortly. If you set a timer to wake the box before the first recording is due on any day and a power off after the last then this (so far) fixes the issue.

Thank you for your reply. Are humax releasing a software update to solve this problem? It appears Humax are supposed to be the best on the market or is there is any other box you would recommend?

Thank you for your reply. Are humax releasing a software update to solve this problem? It appears Humax are supposed to be the best on the market or is there is any other box you would recommend?

According to freesat, Humax engineers in Korea are working on it giving finding a fix the highest priority. If you want a new generation 2 box (incorporating catch up services and DLNA media streaming) there's no other option. If not the G1 Foxsat-hdr is a very good pvr especially if the custom firmware is loaded.

Thank you. Anyone know if Humax Direct deliver freesat boxes to Ireland. They are sold here but much more expensive than Humax Direct?

Hi Graham. Just wondering when updating the software will I lose any of the recordings I have? Also the only file I have on my USB stick is the unzipped file?

Hi Graham. Just wondering when updating the software will I lose any of the recordings I have? Also the only file I have on my USB stick is the unzipped file?

Doesn't affect your existing recordings. You just need the unzipped .hdf file on the stick. A new ota update is due shortly anyway, most likely associated with the promised You Tube option.

Thanks Graham. Appreciate your help. Is there somewhere on the site that can alert me to any update releases?

You should get ota updates automatically, however If I get a date I will post on here. The reason you are having to install 1.0.22 manually is that it's an interim fix only.

Hi Graham,

Hopefully you can help me, the humax box keeps turning off and freezing and the box keeps saying "starting". This only start about an hour ago. Any idea what the problem might be.

Back