Humax hdr-1000s - transfer recordings to PC?

Paul K

Hello folks.
I've had my HDR-1000s for about 6 months and I'm still struggling to find a way to transfer recordings of TV programmes onto my PC. I contacted support at Humax who told me that it can't be done.
My previous Humax foxsat unit had a simple file manager that made it easy to transfer recordings to a USB stick. Has anyone worked out a way to do it with the new generation machines?
I recorded a programme on Channel 4 about some Hollywood stars, my mum missed it and asked me if I could send her a copy on a DVD. So I need to transfer the file to my computer to burn the disk.

I can't believe that a feature available in their earlier machines has been removed in the current models!

Is there no way to get around it? (short of using an expensive HDMI capture card and just playing it back in real-time into my computer!).

All advise gratefully received!
Thanks

Paul

I can't believe that a feature available in their earlier machines has been removed in the current models!
Then you ought to try the latest TomTom sat nav devices for that sort of thing. Sorry I can't help with your 1000s

There is currently no way to export recordings from the G2 boxes. This is down to Freesat. The only ways I know to save recordings from the G2 boxes

1 Record them from the analogue outputs in SD using a VCR , DVDR or a PC with analogue video and audio inputs

2 Record them in HD analogue component. This would need a HDCP compliant component converter (Like the HDfury) and a PC with a component capture card or the Hauppage pvr.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/pc-ac...4435!&ef_id=UmFlUwAAASptiifs:20131223103107:s

Note HDCP will prevent you using the above box HDMI in.

Back