HUMAX HDR-1100S copy recordings from FOXSAT-HDR with USB drive caddy

Buchanan

I have just purchased a HUMAX HDR-1100S (1Tb HDD) to replace my FOXSAT-HDR (500Gb HDD) which still works, but is 11 years old and without newer features.

The FOXSAT-HDR has about 400Gb of recordings on the HDD, all in standard recording, i.e. not HD.

I am hoping I can remove the HDD from the FOXSAT, put it into a powered USB drive caddy, connect it to the USB port on the HUMAX HDR-1100S and copy the recordings to the 1100S HDD.

Could someone advise if this is possible please, or whether there is anything further I need to do to make the copying possible?

I don't know anything about the 1100S, but the Foxsat's recordings are all encrypted unless you installed the Custom Firmware and Nowster's patch. There is no (known) method of decrypting them after recording.

Foxsat's recordings are all encrypted
Only HiDef are encrypted, and the OP said his recordings are all StDef. I don't know whether it is possible to import Foxsat recordings into 1100s, although it may be possible to play them from a USB drive even if they can't be imported.

Well, for want of more detailed information, I suppose the first thing to do is look for a 'copy' command on the 1100S

Thank you prpr and Black Hole for your assistance.
And thank you Trev for you comment, would that be a veiled way of saying there is no copy command on the 1100S?

And thank you Trev for you comment, would that be a veiled way of saying there is no copy command on the 1100S?
No. It's because I, like prpr and BH, don't know whether there is a copy command or not on the 1100S.;)
But the thing to get into focus is that it's only telly, and if you loose the lot, is it really the end of civilisation as we know it?

Either way, you will need a 'Copy' command of some sort to satisfy the question at post #1.
Although Play from USB is a possibility if the box has that facility (why else would it have a USB socket).
But there is a lot of guesswork going on here.
Might I suggest that Buchanan asks the same question on the 'My Humax' site HERE where I'm sure that there will be a plethora of users of the1100S who can answer the question for him.

Either way, you will need a 'Copy' command of some sort to satisfy the question at post #1.
Although Play from USB is a possibility if the box has that facility (why else would it have a USB socket).
Again not a user but reading what users have written previously: Play from USB is definitely possible. It is also possible to import unencrypted recordings although they are stored in a separate partition.

Back