Humax HDR FOX-T2 Crashing on Start Up

Are the authors of Twonky aware of the issue? Is it likely a fix will come from either camp?
There are two HDR-T2s in the household. Mine is generally ON and has often displayed the webif "reboot has occurred" message, whilst the user of the other has recently told me that also reboots when brought out of standby.
Generally they only seem to reboot the once, or sporadically after some use.
Of course I have "share" set to on as both contain recordings I wish to share.
I'm loathe to install Twonky 6 since I purchased a licence to use 7 on my NAS box.

I don't know the reason for the incompatibility between Humax products running DLNA services and some Twonky products, but I wouldn't mind betting that it will boil down to the same long running argument that affects HDMI handshaking, i.e. each side blaming the other for interpreting the specifications wrongly and not being prepared to back down, non of which helps the end-user at all

The problem lies on the Humax side. Even if it is receiving malformed data (which is unlikely) it shouldn't crash.

I have a couple of ideas about how to work around the problem and stop the Humax crashing but haven't had time to develop either of them yet!

Thanks to all who suggested a bad DLNA server. My HDR Fox started crashing when I installed a Seagate Central NAS box. Disabling its media server seems to have fixed the problem.

I have been having crash on start up problems a lot. From the wiki:

NOTE:- A workaround to prevent your Humax being affected by a NAS running Twonky Ver.7, is to create a file called /mod/etc/init.d/S22nasroute that contains, the following two lines, the IP address used must be the IP address of your NAS running Twonky Ver. 7
#!/bin/sh

route add -host 192.168.1.1 reject

You must also make the new file executable by sending this command line :- chmod 755 /mod/etc/init.d/S22nasroute

How do I go about implementing this note. I haven't got a Scooby how to do as suggested?

Thanks

The first part can be done from the Web-If e.g. :-

Web-If >> Diagnostics >> File Editor >> Creae File >> /mod/etc/init.d/S22nasroute >> Create File then enter /mod/etc/init.d/S22nasroute >> save >> OK

But the second part will have to be done using a Telnet command line :-

Code:
chmod 755 /mod/etc/init.d/S22nasroute

Right, so I've read through this stuff a bit and I'm not sure this will achieve what I want. I have a QNAP NAS which has Twonky 6.0.30 running which is great at streaming to the Humax and I use it all the time. Only trouble is I have been experiencing the double re-boot issue or a long while now, but also we had a power cut a 3 or so weeks ago, after which the humax seemed to update to latest firmware, so I then had to upgrade to latest CF( I will check which CF I am on and report back), but the re-booting now seems to be even worse.

Having perhaps stupidly just bought a Seagate Central 3Tb without checking which DNLA server it ran (hasty purchase with 5 year old helping) and read up after the event having had the crashes as soon as I plugged it in...

In theory this was to accumulate all the bits I've got on USB drives attached to Samsung TV, Humax etc. There is also a HD-FOX-T2 viewing content from the HDR so I can't turn off content sharing as needed for decryption.

I suppose it might even be more usable if the HDR could just block whatever crashes it rather than all traffic so I could have the HDR access the NAS using SMB or NFS etc -

So is there any better way around this than putting a routing table entry in to block the traffic, block/close specific ports, or e.g only let content sharing available to localhost for the decryption etc?

Will have a play myself and read around the wiki more but any pointers appreciated.

Steve

Thanks for the quick response and fix, will try now. Amazing how many things you can search for and plough through until you find the (now obvious) right combination you should have searched for!

Hmm, I speak too soon...

>>> opkg install dlna-filter
Installing dlna-filter (1.1.1) to root...
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/base/dlna-filter_1.1.1_mipsel.opk.
This package requires Custom Firmware 3.00 or later
Collected errors:
* pkg_run_script: package "dlna-filter" preinst script returned status 1.
* preinst_configure: Aborting installation of dlna-filter.
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package dlna-filter.

That's with 1.03.06/2.19 on this box. Clean rebooted (though it had crashed three times when I plugged the NAS in anyway)... seems does it for a few packages :-(

Ok, fine, get it!!

Haven't fiddled with the HDR for good while since it has been stable so not kept up with version numberings... mis-interpreted that as being 1.03.xx

Already downloaded latest anyway to put on once inconvenient 1 hour recording finished and I'm allowed to tinker again.

Steve

Back