HUMAX HDR-FOX T2 failure

Ceejay

Hello - I am new here and not very tech savvy - hope I am posting in the right place.
My Humax HDR-FOX T2 stopped working properly so I took it back to Richer Sounds under the guarantee and they told me it was not repairable. They gave me a DTR-T1010 Youview but after trying it I see it is not really a replacement for my HDR-FOX T2 and it has developed several bugs (synapse display and stops working all together - eventually it starts again, but now channel changes randomly) - Therefore I am going to take it back and need to know which Humax model to ask for if the HDR-FOX T2 is not available.
Which Humax is the closest replacement for my now unrepairable HDR-FOX T2 which they have not offered (no longer available?) I have looked at Humax HDR 2000 T which seems to be close in specification and features to my HDR -FOX T2. The DTR-T1010 Youview has catchup services, but lacks many features of the HDR-FOX T2.
Any help advice or guidance would be very welcome
Thank you

If it were me, I would ask for my original HDR Fox T2 back and get it repaired. IMHO there isn't anything out there at the moment that comes close to the HDR-T2.

What is wrong with your T2? Stopped working properly you say, but in what way? It could be as simple as replacing the hard disk.

You are welcome to come back here and ask for any help and guidance you need.

I realise that your original unit must be covered by some form of warranty, but I would take my chance for what it's worth.

The HDR 2000T is the closest available replacement, however, as stated above it is a backward step compared to the HDR-Fox T2, depending what the fault is I would try to get the old one back and get it repaired, or possibly get a refund and source a HDR Fox T2 yourself

My Humax HDR-FOX T2 stopped working properly so I took it back to Richer Sounds under the guarantee and they told me it was not repairable. Which Humax is the closest replacement
Get a refund from RS. If you just want a PVR and are not interested in the other technical things buy an HDR-2000T. If you want to be able to move HiDef recordings around unrestricted by DRM, or get more widely involved with the custom firmware community, look for an HDR-FOX (in the first instance see if any Grade A units are available from Humax Direct).

My advice is a bit different. Unlike (I suspect) most of the other posters I actually own both the HDR-2000T and the HDR-FOX T2. If you have been happy using the HDR-FOX T2 in standard form then I think you will be happy with the HDR-2000T. There are pluses and minuses when compared to the HDR-FOX T2 (why some people overlook the pluses is a mystery to me) but overall the user experience is similar. However the HDR-2000T is a significantly cheaper box than the HDR-FOX T2. I would ask Richer Sounds to compensate you either by cash or more likely allowing you to keep the HDR-FOX T2. You could then get it repaired or just sell it for repair and you might be surprised what it is worth (which will of course depend on the nature of the problems you were experiencing and which you haven't described).

Back