Humax HDR Fox T2 official firmware update

ManOnABox

Hi, If I update to the latest 2021 official firmware on my Fox T2 how do I install the custom package which is from 2017 without overwriting the latest update?

You can't.

Is your question a hypothetical question?
If your question is not a hypothetical, then what do you hope to gain from using the latest Humax firmware instead of just installing iplfix?

Ok I get it. There is no point in updating to the latest firmware as the custom firmware includes the iplfix package which basically preinstalls what the official firmware does. The only reason I asked was because the official firmware was dated 2021 where as the iplfix was dated 2020. Also the customer firmware was dated 2017. Given a choice I would rather repurpose the TV Portal button to do something more useful but as I don’t have a clue how to do that I think I will just avoid pressing it. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Ok I get it.
Not quite you don't.
There is no point in updating to the latest firmware as the custom firmware includes the iplfix package which basically preinstalls what the official firmware does.
The latest released version of the CF (mod3.13) does not have iplfix functionality, nor are any packages pre-installed - you need to install iplfix.
There is however an updated version of mod3.13 which I did and called mod3.13a which does have iplfix functionality pre-installed so you don't need the package. This was only released to selected beta testers though, but could be made available.
The only reason I asked was because the official firmware was dated 2021 where as the iplfix was dated 2020.
iplfix is most definitely dated 2021, I assure you, as Humax didn't release the updates until this year. Maybe you are thinking of iplhack which was from last year and is now obsolete.
Also the customer firmware was dated 2017.
Irrelevant for practical purposes.
Given a choice I would rather repurpose the TV Portal button to do something more useful but as I don’t have a clue how to do that I think I will just avoid pressing it.
You can do it with the ir package, but start (or continue) another thread for that.

Back