Humax HDR-FOX T2 Problems when recording

Could it be that you are only using one tuner when you record 1 and watch another BBC channel?

Can you record 1 HD channel, eg BBC1 and watch another HD channel, eg C4HD without problems?

Can you see if you can force a swap on the tuners for the live channel; I think this works. That is

a. Start an instant recording on BBC1 SD.
b. Tune to ITV1 (a different /mux), which should pixellate if you still have the problem.
c. Start an instant recording on ITV1.
d. Switch back to BBC1 and stop that recording. What happens?
e. Stop the ITV1 recording and view it. Does it have problems?

Did you do a Reset after your software update and/or when you carried out a retune?

Was your retune automatic or manual?

Martin

Hi Martin
I can record bbc 1 hd channel and watch any other hd chanel with no problem!
I started an instant record on bbc 1 sd and itv 1 did pixellate!
I started an instant record on itv 1
I switched back to bbc 1 and stopped that recording.itv 1 is pixellated!
I stopped the itv recording and viewed it.it was pixellated!
I did a reset before a software update
The retune was automatic
Thanks
Carl

I would try doing a manual tune.

Check on http://www.digitaluk.co.uk for your nearest transmitter's details.

This is how mine shows for Belmont:

Belmont.JPG

Make sure you delete all your channels before doing a retune though (can be done by starting an autotune then stopping it straight away)

You will lose your schedule when you do this so make a note of anything you want to set again.

HD Channels need to be tuned to DVB-T2.

I would try doing a manual tune.

Check on http://www.digitaluk.co.uk for your nearest transmitter's details.

This is how mine shows for Belmont:

View attachment 875

Make sure you delete all your channels before doing a retune though (can be done by starting an autotune then stopping it straight away)

You will lose your schedule when you do this so make a note of anything you want to set again.

HD Channels need to be tuned to DVB-T2.

Hi

I cannot find on the digitaluk website transmitter details for sutton coldfield!

To my mind your results indicates that your box cannot cope with two MUXs. This may be because of a failing tuner but, I think, it could indicate a problem with your hard drive.

How full is your hard drive?

Martin

To my mind your results indicates that your box cannot cope with two MUXs. This may be because of a failing tuner but, I think, it could indicate a problem with your hard drive.

How full is your hard drive?

Martin

Hi Martin

Just 2 movies on it!

Shall i format the hard drive!

Thanks

Carl

So how do you explain the observation that BBC is always OK regardless of what is being recorded?

Both tuners will not stay at 650000khz,they keep going back to 618000khz
Sorry, yes you are correct, you need to select tuner 1 and then 650000khz, note the strength and quality values, then select tuner 2, re-select 650000khz and then note the strength and quality values again

Sorry, yes you are correct, you need to select tuner 1 and then 650000khz, note the strength and quality values, then select tuner 2, re-select 650000khz and then note the strength and quality values again

Hi

On 6500000khz both tuners show strength at 60% and quality at 100%

Carl,

You could back up your films to an external Hard Drive. See:http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/things-every-hd-fox-t2-hdr-fox-t2-owner-should-know.1858/#post-28600

Then you could reformat the hard drive, carry out a reset and manually tune to your best MUXs. This will put the box in the best state for any further tests, if anyone can come up with any.

Without loading the Customised Firmware you are limited to what you can do with the Hard Drive.

The signal level and quality figures you are giving seem to indicate all is well but, obviously it is not.

One further test you can do, and avoiding the BBC channels, is to try recording ITV1 and watching ITV2 - same MUX so you should not have any problems, as far as I know. Then switch to watch ITV3 which is on a different MUX and that should cause the problem to appear as a new tuner is required.

Sorry you have to do all these tests but your problem is challenging.

Martin

You could try a factory reset first, which is not destructive to the content of the drive (but will mean setting up all over again). This had been known to solve various weird issues.

Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default

Carl,

You could back up your films to an external Hard Drive. See:http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/things-every-hd-fox-t2-hdr-fox-t2-owner-should-know.1858/#post-28600

Then you could reformat the hard drive, carry out a reset and manually tune to your best MUXs. This will put the box in the best state for any further tests, if anyone can come up with any.

Without loading the Customised Firmware you are limited to what you can do with the Hard Drive.

The signal level and quality figures you are giving seem to indicate all is well but, obviously it is not.

One further test you can do, and avoiding the BBC channels, is to try recording ITV1 and watching ITV2 - same MUX so you should not have any problems, as far as I know. Then switch to watch ITV3 which is on a different MUX and that should cause the problem to appear as a new tuner is required.

Sorry you have to do all these tests but your problem is challenging.

Martin

Hi Martin

I formatted the hard drive last night-no difference at all!
I recorded itv1 and watched itv2 with no problems but when switched to itv 3 picture was pixillated!

I dont know how to manually tune the humax so i will have to look online and get back to you!

Thanks

Carl

Back