Humax HDR-FOX T2 to PC via Ethernet cable,

Freddy Hepburn

Hello Folks
I am a complete and utter newbie I would like to able to link up my HDR-Fox T2 with my PC via ethernet homeplugs (Which are Connected) but I don't have the "knowledge"on how to connect to the Internet on the humax ,and what, if any?software to use (nothing in the Manual) I would be very grateful if any forum users could help me,
Thank You
Freddy

My stuff is as follows:- Belkin "N" Router, 2 Ethernet PowerPlugs, Windows 7 (64bit) 8Gb RAM PC,, Humax HDR-FOX T2 (which I want to connect to the net) and a Humax HDR-FOX SAT

PS I can access the "Humax Portal and get the iPlayer and Utube Etc,

If you can access the Humax TV Portal, BBC iPlayer, and YouTube, then your HDR-FOX T2 IS already connected to the internet.

Like he said, if iPlayer works you have done what you need, and it is reasonable to presume the Humax is on the same local network as your PC so you should have no trouble accessing it - only a case of knowing what is and is not possible and how to do it.

The guys are fed up with me saying this, but if you haven't already then check out the NEW READERS START HERE topic (click), and in particular Black Hole's Trail Guide (click) will get you started with what you need to know about PC access.

Sorry for being so long in replying,(Been away for a couple of days) Anyway, I've finally managed to connect with the Fox-T2 from the PC and I get into a site using My Humax IP Address where i can set my recording times (EPG) and watch recorded material from the humax on my PC, which, after all the hassle, is it worth it ? I can do this on my telly, maybe my expectations were a bit too high, I thought I would be able to access The Internet as my kids can do on their Nintendo Wii
Thank you once again for your help
Freddy

Er, no. The Humax doesn't have the sort of processing power required for that. And no, it probably isn't worth it unless you run the custom software and thus gain such things as the ability to (for example) set up a recording while away from home, or rip recordings straight to PC for playback elsewhere.

The extra facilities we enjoy with the custom software can only be controlled via a web browser across the home network.

my Fox t2 will not see the network cable. I know the cable and connectionare OK because it works when plugged into the smart tv. Is there something in settings I need to do

You need to set-up the Humax's LAN with MENU >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings >> Configure LAN, Configure IP = DHCP then APPLY, You should get a message saying 'Network Connected'

Back