Humax HDR Fox T2

hooky

Hi everyone, recently took delivery of a Fox T2. It's connected via Ethernet cable but for some reason in tv portal it will not play video on iplayer just seems to be constantly loading, all-though it will play radio stations on iplayer? Also software version is currently 1.02.20 update date 10 June 2011. I've tried an automatic update but after 10 minutes of searching for new software it comes back with no new software found!? Do you thinks it's going to be a case of updating via USB? I would like to use the custom firmware but would like to try it standard first just to get used to it. Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks.

I've tried an automatic update but after 10 minutes of searching for new software it comes back with no new software found!?

The Over The Air (OTA) software update is not always available, It is only available for a few days in a Month, The Humax automatically looks for this new software at 4:30AM every night. 1.02.20 is the latest official version so there is no OTA upgrade yet. Version 1.02.27 is available on the Humax Beta site HERE. You don't need 1.02.27 to get the TV portal working

Have patience waiting for iPlayer, it will get there in the end.

1.02.20 is what we are all using, 1.02.27 is a beta release only the brave have tried yet.

Thanks very much for your replies. I didn't realise that was the latest update, strange I can't get iplayer to work. I was just a little worried I had a faulty unit. Thanks very much for your replies, most greatfull.

Can anybody give me any help or ideas on the problem I'm having not being able to stream any video on the tv portal, iplayer or YouTube that I've tried? The bar at the bottom of the screen appears but when I press play nothing happens? I've waited ten mins at times and nothing starts playing at all??? Any ideas, faulty box? When I press pause the symbol changes to pause and back to play when pressed but nothing other than that? I'm plugged straight into the router and getting speeds of 6-8mb.

Try not pressing play. In iPlayer, once you get the programme banner on screen with the big pink play button highlighted, "OK" is all you need and it will start in its own time. I think you might be getting impatient and aborting it with button presses.

The only problems people have reported with the TV Portal before (apart from a lack of supported services) is when the HD/HDR won't make a network connection with the Humax service in the first place. That you are getting to navigate iPlayer at all is a very good start.

Interesting I've taken my T2 over to a friends and it streams all video content iplayer YouTube etc, only thing different is the ISP and router. Which leads me to think its a router issue, although I'm not savvy with router settings. Seems to be stopping any video streaming?

It's a sky F@st 2504 Sky router,not quite sure what you mean by UPnP as I'm not too clued up with that type of thing sorry. It's pretty damn frustrating though I've tried it back at home and same problem, will play audio in iplayer but not video on YouTube or iplayer. Thanks for your replies by the way, do you think it is a router issue, I can't see it being anything else as I've pretty much eliminated all I can think of?

It's a sky F@st 2504 Sky router,not quite sure what you mean by UPnP as I'm not too clued up with that type of thing sorry. It's pretty damn frustrating though I've tried it back at home and same problem, will play audio in iplayer but not video on YouTube or iplayer. Thanks for your replies by the way, do you think it is a router issue, I can't see it being anything else as I've pretty much eliminated all I can think of?

I have it working with this exact router with no problems. It didn't need any special treatment to work and worked with the Internet connection on the humax set to 'DHCP' and also 'manual'. I guess you've tried the obvious by rebooting the router + humax?

I will try anything at the moment!! Will give it a go as soon as I'm home from work tommorow and let you know what happens, fingers crossed! Thanks for your help!

Have tried turning UPnP off and on with no success in streaming video Black hole do you have any ideas or solutions I could try? I don't understand why I'm having this problem? My Samsung smart tv plays iplayer no problem and is plugged into the same router!

It is very odd. UPnP has nothing to do with access to external services through the TV Portal, and you have proven the Humax on another network. Most people find it works straight off, and when it doesn't it fails to load the TV Portal screen at all. The path through the router and ISP appears to be proven by your smart TV.

In short, all the steps are proven individually, they just don't work together. Sorry, but I'm totally stumped.

It's a long shot, but you could try a complete factory reset on the router?

Thanks for your replies, tried reseting router a few times, also reset Humax. bought a USB wifi dongle, just tried that and surprise surprise still exactly the same. I give up!

A long shot, but check the connection between the Humax and your telly, and perhaps try using a different connection altogether (e.g. use a Scart cable if currently using HDMI). Try a different screen resolution (V-Format button on the remote) if using HDMI. It seems to me that one significant difference between your home setup, where it doesn't work, and the set up at your friend's, where it does work, is the telly (I assume you didn't bring your own telly to your friend's place).

Could it be a firewall issue (or content blocker) on your router ?

Do your router stats show that lots of packets are being passed to the Humax ? The 2 possibilities are that your router isn't passing video packets to the Humax; or that it is but the Humax isn't displaying the video.

Back