Humax HDR won't shut down (blue ring doesn't change to orange)

rodp

Hi all,

I've been living with an issue in that if our tv (using HDMI connection) gives a green screen, the best way to sort this out is to turn the PVR off, wait for the ring colour to change from blue to orange (ie the HDD shuts down) and then turn it back on. This is an issue that's been discussed elsewhere and something I've accepted to live with for the time being.

But sometimes our box won't shut down to a complete off state (HDD powered down) despite us leaving it for hours on end. Webif confirms it's in standby mode still. There is no network activity that I can see and CPU utilisation is low and stable. HDD temp is about 52 degrees C. There is nothing scheduled for the next 3 hours aswell.

Is there anything I can do to check out what's going on and why it won't shut down, eg. is there a task manager of sorts which might show something?

Thanks

Rodp

Thanks for the link. I checked crontab and this is what I found:

humax# crontab -l
0 2 * * * /mod/sbin/anacron -s -d
0,15,30,45 * * * * /mod/sbin/seriesfiler > /mod/tmp/seriesfiler.log 2>&1
1-51/10 15-22 * * * /mod/sbin/unencrypt "/mnt/hd2" > /mod/tmp/unencrypt.log 2>&1
* * * * * /mod/monitor/run
*/10 * * * * /mod/webif/lib/bin/auto >/dev/null 2>&1

I then checked my scheduled for on/off schedules and this is what I found:

141 BBC ONE Lon--- Wake-up ---Thu 15 May 2014 03:00--:--:--
101 BBC ONE Lon--- Wake-up ---Thu 15 May 2014 03:00--:--:--
121 BBC ONE Lon--- Wake-up ---Thu 15 May 2014 03:00--:--:--
81 BBC ONE Lon--- Wake-up ---Mon 12 May 2014 03:00--:--:--
15 --- Sleep ---Mon 12 May 2014 04:00--:--:--
So it might be that there are many 'wake ups'. I can't remember how I setup those sleep and wake up schedules (if I ever did). Can anyone guide me and I'll see if that sorts things out. However, that still wouldn't really explain why I can't 'now' (ie in the middle of the day) power it down manually.
Thanks
Rod

ooooo I just deleted the various Schedules (I did 2 x webif restarts) and it now shuts down ok... weird!

So I'm just left now with:
9 --- Sleep ---Thu 15 May 2014 04:00--:--:--
should I assume it was the removing of the extra wakeup entries or the 2 x restarts that did the trick?
Thanks
Rodp

The 'half awake' state can be encountered for the following reasons :-

The Humax can also unexpectedly enter the half awake state due to :-
  • Setting an Auto Off timer without a matching Auto On timer
  • The presence of corrupted recordings sometimes with move/copy options greyed out
  • The *Deleting message being permanently displayed
In your case it sounds like you may have set power-on / power-on timers in the Humax settings, sometimes these settings get corrupted and cause the Humax to remain in the 'half-awake' state, if you have these timers set I would suggest setting them to off and if you still require a timed on/off set a daily reminder instead

Back