humax ir2020hd

IR2020HD

Hi guys

I'm trying to run humax hdr-fox t2 software on ir2020hd .. I think t2 and ir2020hd are similar but ir2020hd come without hard drive ftp access .. to recrod on it you must have external hard drive unfortunately recordings are encrypted :(

I want to enable ftp access , talnet and record decryption

I did try running hdr-fox t2 software I just got into Software Update screen then nothing changes

any help will be appreciated

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but what exactly do you expect? Nobody has looked into the internal architecture of this... er.. ir2020hd - whether it is capable of running the HDR code (presumably attempting the same kind of transplant as with the HD-FOX T2) and has the same physical addresses for memory and IO etc is anybody's guess.

You're the pioneer! Have some do-or-die spirit!!

Hi guys

I'm trying to run humax hdr-fox t2 software on ir2020hd .. I think t2 and ir2020hd are similar but ir2020hd come without hard drive ftp access .. to recrod on it you must have external hard drive unfortunately recordings are encrypted :(

I want to enable ftp access , talnet and record decryption

I did try running hdr-fox t2 software I just got into Software Update screen then nothing changes

any help will be appreciated
As the IR2020HD is a Satellite receiver, and the HDR-FOX T2 is a Terrestrial recorder, they are probably Not similar at all. You may be better trying to run the Foxsat HDR software, although I have no idea whether you will get anywhere with it, perhaps our satellite experts will be able to offer some advice.

Additionally, the first step would be to patch the software to enable telnet - assuming it is running some sort of UNIX-like operating system - which would require a software file from Humax and a way of extracting and repacking that file. If it is the same as the HDR then that bit would be easy, otherwise you're starting from scratch.

I wonder exactly what you have tried to do? If you are looking at the Software Update option on the menus, that is a means to scan the satellite signals to find any over-the-air (OTA) firmware updates being broadcast for your particular box.

*IF* the IR2020HD operates in a similar manner to HDR-FOX T2 (is it new? - there seems precious little about it on the Humax site other than a mention in the open source software table http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/opensource.aspx), it will have a means to search a USB device for an update file at boot-up (you may need a specific start-up mode - the HD-FOX T2 requires you to hold a button in for example). The update file will have to have a very specific file name (which I don't know) to be found and loaded.

anyone have IR2020HD firmware ? so I can restore the software later
It all starts with a firmware update being made available for download on the Humax web site. If there has been no download, then nobody (except Humax) has the firmware. If you don't have a means to restore your original firmware (or an updated version), you are taking a huge risk by fiddling with it - you risk "bricking" your box (ie rendering it useless). Somebody clever like Raydon or AF123 will need to examine the update file and tailor the mods package to suit (again - no firmware download, no mods).

(Good grief - would you believe this thread has ALREADY made it onto Google?)

As Black Hole said above.
The update file is locked to a System ID.
The System ID is different for all boxes, so you cannot just load another models firmware on it without changing the System ID.
But as Black Hole also said above, you first need to obtain a copy of the firmware for the IR2020HD.

Thank you guys again .. So there is no chance to hack IR2020HD without a copy of the firmware (Correct me If I'm wrong) .. I just sent a message to Humax I hope they respond

Down, or should I say BUMP? No need to BUMP. People will reply if they have anything useful to add...

Back