humax IR3000 HD recorde Encrypt channel

greatmagician

hello plz is there any idea how to read the Encrypt Video record on pc and Decrypt it .. like Foxy T2 application or other way !!??

I don't think any of us have an IR3000 to play with and find out. What can you do with it - does it have FTP access? If it does, and you can copy out the individual files of a recording, or do so via a copy-to-USB operation, and then examine the files on a PC, there may be a possibility. What files are in the set?

thanks for replay ... i copy the file video record ... usb > PC ..the files is :

Code:
_20141122_1102.hmt
_20141122_1102.nts
_20141122_1102.thm
_20141122_1102.ts

i try to open hmt files using file viewer check the attach file.. i hope there's solution .. thx

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Ok here we go .. This is two defernt Video I hope u will find solution :cry::cry:

Attachments

• _20141123_1517.hmt
    12.2 KB · Views: 12
  • _20141122_0341.hmt
    12.2 KB · Views: 3
Try changing the value at '03DC' from 00 to 04' this may well remove the protection, but not the encryption. Raydon's Foxy program does exactly this. However, to decrypt you will probably have to copy from one USB drive to another using the device's remote control: if your unit is like the HD-FOX T2 (which similarly does not have an internal hard drive) it might not allow copying.

Edit. I have made the suggested change to the attached HMT file. Try replacing the original with this one (move the original HMT to a separate folder for now, just in case) and see if the protection has been removed. If it has, try copying the recording (using the device remote) to a different drive and see if it works.

Attachments

• _20141123_1517.hmt
    12.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
You can use a USB hub and try and copy from the USB hard drive to a USB stick, for example, with the remote but it might not work.

Are all recordings protected or only some of them? It would help to compare a .hmt from protected and unprotected recordings.

Are all recordings protected or only some of them? It would help to compare a .hmt from protected and unprotected recordings.
Good idea, either the 'enc' protection flag is in a different location in the HMT file or a different value is needed to remove the flag .

no not all record is enc ... the free channel is free and i can watch it on pc but the encrypt channel have Enc and i can't watch it on pc .. I attach two files for enc and free

Attachments

• Enc_20141123_1517.hmt
    12.2 KB · Views: 5
  • free_19710102_1659.hmt
    12.2 KB · Views: 8
You could try the attached file. A variable close to the one that acts as a flag in the HDR-FOX HMT files is different in the 'free' and 'enc' files (the same section is also repeated at the end of the file). I changed both entries, just in case. I don't know if will work but it is worth a try.

Attachments

• Enc_20141123_1517.hmt
    12.2 KB · Views: 3
I am not sure what else to try. On the HD-FOX (which looks similar to your model and has a plug in USB drive, but is for terrestrial TV rather than satellite) all recordings are encrypted by default (standard and high definition) and the high def. content also is also flagged as 'enc'. On the standard HD-FOX this flag has no function. On the HDR-FOX (like the HD-FOX, but with an internal hard drive) if you copy a standard definition recording to a USB drive using the device's remote control, the recording is decrypted in the process. A high definition programme is only decrypted if the HMT file is first modified as described in post #8 (for example), otherwise it is copied but remains encrypted. The HD-FOX allows you to move a recording but not copy it. The HD-FOX with customised firmware can run the HDR-FOX software and this is how files are decrypted.
With your model do you get an 'enc' flag next to the on screen title with high definition recordings? Does your model allow copying from the USB hard drive to a second USB drive? Are standard definition recordings encrypted by default? Do you have to copy standard definition programmes to a second drive using the device's remote control to get a decrypted copy?
It may be the case that modifying the HMT file does not allow the recording to be decrypted.

Back