Humax Live TV App

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I downloaded the iOS version of this app last week to try on my iPads, and whilst it did work, the aspect ratio was wrong, resulting in horizontally squashed and vertically stretched images.

There was an update to this app yesterday, to add support for the FVP-4000T so I downloaded it, and was quite pleased to see that the aspect ratio problem seems to have been fixed.

Streaming Live TV from the FVP-4000T seems to work very well now, including HD channels, but the IP channels don't seem to work.

Ooh.. Shiny!

Can you control the 4000 from the app - as in change services etc, so the live stream is effectively an extension to the HDMI, or is it just stuck at whatever the 4000 happens to be "viewing"?

You can watch different channels to the one on the box, and there is a button to go straight to the channel being viewed on the box, and another to change the channel being viewed on the box to the one being viewed via the app.

There is also a separate Humax TV Remote app which gives full control of the FVP-4000T.

Very shiny!!! This may be the jewel in the 4000's crown, and an excellent use for the third tuner.

It also strikes me as way in for some external utilities, assuming the protocols are not encrypted too strongly. I can envisage using it as a networked tuner for PC media centres instead of having to run an aerial feed to a tuner dongle.

Would the Humax live tv app work with a chromcast or Amazon fire tv stick? I don't have an aerial in the bedroom so this would be the ideal way of watching live tv without instilling an aerial.

Would the Humax live tv app work with a chromcast or Amazon fire tv stick? I don't have an aerial in the bedroom so this would be the ideal way of watching live tv without instilling an aerial.

I sideloaded the humax live tv app to a fire tv stick and it didn't work. When the app runs, it expects you to press a "START" button, which I cannot do via the remote.

After grahams post about an Airmouse I decided to look for an android app to simulate a mouse and after a few failures I came across " wukong remote ". This app has several modes including mouse mode. Using mouse mode allows the START button in the sideloaded Humax Live TV app ( Fire TV ).
As a result the Live TV app does play both live and recorded shows on my bedroom located, fire tv stick.

I haven't had a lot of time to play about with this setup and I know of a couple of small issues. But it does work.

Back