Humax PVR-9150T White Screen Issue on ITV and Channe

I've just re-tested and it throws up a few things. Here's the data:
Interesting!
Either my memory is failing or the airwaves are so full of carp [sic] that the situation has changed. I brought my 9150T back into service and found that, after clearing and then scanning for channels, the EPG never populated properly before I got bored (30 minutes). Slightly better when watching BBC1 rather than U&Dave. A days worth of full EPG was the best it would do. On BBC1 the EPG for PSB1 had filled up by the time I exited the menu. On Dave, it couldn't even get Com5 populated (Dave itself very sparse).
Pruning the channels appeared to make no difference. In all cases, ITV1 filled up but C4 and C5 didn't, TPTV and Rewind TV very sparse. I suspect lack of available memory could be the cause. If I could be bothered I could try scanning for multiplexes one at a time - better things to do! Unable/can't be bothered to test on other Humax models.
This is all a complete waste of effort. The thread is highly suspicious, and the OP hasn't been back anyway.
Well quite! As it appears I might have been talking rubbish or mis-remembering things, it is a complete waste of everybody's effort.

Interesting!
Either my memory is failing or the airwaves are so full of carp [sic] that the situation has changed. I brought my 9150T back into service and found that, after clearing and then scanning for channels, the EPG never populated properly before I got bored (30 minutes). Slightly better when watching BBC1 rather than U&Dave. A days worth of full EPG was the best it would do. On BBC1 the EPG for PSB1 had filled up by the time I exited the menu. On Dave, it couldn't even get Com5 populated (Dave itself very sparse).
Pruning the channels appeared to make no difference. In all cases, ITV1 filled up but C4 and C5 didn't, TPTV and Rewind TV very sparse. I suspect lack of available memory could be the cause. If I could be bothered I could try scanning for multiplexes one at a time - better things to do! Unable/can't be bothered to test on other Humax models.

Well quite! As it appears I might have been talking rubbish or mis-remembering things, it is a complete waste of everybody's effort.
Too complicate the analysis, back in 2010 the software was updated from taking 2 rounds of the epg carousel on a multiplex to take longer than that. That update was the same one that introduced caching the epg to disk when put into standby, when previously the epg was being built up from scratch every time the recorders were brought out of standby. The issue had been that on the 9150T and 9300T there were frequent lags in responding to the remote for up to about 3 seconds while the epg was populating, (for the 9200T the freezes were a lot worse.) The aim of the deliberate extended length of time it took, plus the caching, was to ease the pressure on the processing required whenever it came out of standby.
Then in 2012 the number of epg events exceeded the limit that the 9150T/9300T/9200T/native-Topfield could cope with, which is somewhere in the region of 14,000.

Back