Humax pvr9300t update problem

Murray

I attempted to update my 9300t software by connecting it to my pc and using the download tool provided on the humax website. When trying to update the STB displays E-UT and won't update. I updated my 9200t with the same download tool and connection with no problems, so its not my equipment.

According to the forums I have to ask humax for a system utility fix. Have sent several e-mails but haven't had any replies.

I also set the system to its default settings after first update attempt but this made no difference, still get error E-UT.
My system id is 8080.8080, according to the forums it should be 3023.0000.

Any help on how to sort this out would be much appreciated.

Thanks

According to the forums I have to ask humax for a system utility fix. Have sent several e-mails but haven't had any replies.

Ring Humax up and talk to them. It is possible to patch the hdf file to change the ID but if you can get through to the right people at Humax they can provide you with a way to correct the ID of your box. Hang on, last grey cell is waking up; somebody sent me a copy of the file; email me at flash9200@tynecomp.co.uk and I'll send it over.

I don't know whether the latest OTA happened? how can I tell? Looking at another thread you said it needs to be on standby to update automatically. what do you mean when you say it should be left on standby? mine just shows the clock when I switch off and go away - is this standby?

how can I tell?

You would have received a message asking whether to apply the update when you next took the box out of standby. You can check by looking at the software version number: Menu>System>Status. Should be 1.00.26 if you have a 9150 or 9300.
Looking at another thread you said it needs to be on standby to update automatically. what do you mean when you say it should be left on standby? mine just shows the clock when I switch off and go away - is this standby?
I assume by switch off you mean press the button on the top right of the remote: that puts the box in standby which does indeed show the clock. In my terminology switch off would be to turn off the mains power when the display shows nothing.

Back