Humax reboots due to problem with Hi-Fi Cast UPNP app and Mediatomb

rodp

Hi All,

Please could someone help me get the debug log from Mediatomb as I regularly have a problem when accessing the media list via an app called Hi-Fi Cast on my Android phone. When I first access my media on my Humax the Humax reboots instantly. After a few reboots I'm able to navigate a little more and play music. Rebooting can still occur if I go back up to the top level again of the folder path.

To investigate, please can someone advise where the log file is for mediatomb or how I get it to do logging when starting up? I'll then pass this onto the developer.

Also, has anyone else experienced something similar with other apps / systems connected to the same network as the humax? There was talk about twonky some time ago which caused problems with the Humax but not sure what the fix was for that.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Rodp
I'm using Mediatomb v 0.11

Just clarify: why Mediatomb and not the native DLNA server?

I'll then pass this onto the developer.
The developer of what - Mediatomb? The Mediatomb code has had to be ported to the HDR-FOX, so I doubt the author will be interested.

There was talk about twonky some time ago which caused problems with the Humax but not sure what the fix was for that.
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/dlna-filter-filter-out-dlna-traffic-to-prevent-crashes.5582/

Hi Black Hole,

I'm using Mediatomb so I can then have the PC Directory visible through the UPNP apps plus I have a need to transcode in real time from MP3 (Layer 2) to WAV for the music to play on a Google Chromecast Audio device. The native DLNA server also doesn't display as much info of each file like Mediatomb does (which is helpful when all the MP3 files have the same ID name tag but the filename is different).

We're talking about the developer / author of Hi-Fi Cast and he seems to be interested to an extent or at least being sent the debug file and having a look.

So to progress this, I presume I need to change the startup syntax of mediatomb to make it log to a file?

Thanks

Rodp

Hi All, can anyone point me in the right direction to the startup script of the hummy so that I can change the startup syntax of mediatomb to make it start in debug / logging mode?

Thanks

Rodp

I have a need to transcode in real time from MP3 (Layer 2) to WAV for the music to play on a Google Chromecast Audio device.
If you're asking the Humax to do this, I think you're in for disappointment.

Hi Black Hole - not sure what you mean by that...... I have found that by using the terminal window (built into webif) I can navigate to where mediatomb resides on the drive. I can command the webif app to run and there are some syntax commands I can use to activate the logging but what I don't know is how I get this to happen at boot up. I am also not too sure how you stop and restart mediatomb so some help on linux based terminal commands would be great in order to test this.

Thanks

Rodp

What I mean is: I don't think the HDR-FOX has enough horsepower to transcode audio in real time.

Hi, I know it can't transcode from say mp3 layer 2 to mp3 layer 3 in realtime but what it can do is convert mp3l2 to wav in realtime (try it and you'll see) - no problem in that and that's what I'm doing, but that's by the by... the problem is the whole humax reboots when on this app called Hi-Fi cast I click on the mediatomb server to navigate it. I need to see the log of mediatomb to try and track down what's causing it or at least the precursor at which it then reboots.

Thanks

Rodp

Fair point - encoding (and therefore decoding and re-encoding) is far more compute-intensive than decoding.

Back