Humax remote 3 digit codes for Samsung TV

John Johnston

There are many 3 digit codes I can use to program the remote control for my HDR 1100S. Some work some don't. Which one should I use? Do different ones program the remote in different ways? I have a Samsung UE40KU6400U TV.

That's not sufficient. Several code sets might turn the TV off, but not be functional in other areas. That the TV turns on/off is the first test of a particular code set; then you test the other buttons to see if they all work. If they don't, move on to the next code that operates on/off and test that.

Do different ones program the remote in different ways?
Yes. Once you have a found a code that switches on/off then it is still possible that there is a more compatible code in the list.
How far you look will depend on whether you are satsified enough with the first one you find.

Why do Humax produce all these codes but not what they (individually) do? I thought Samsung were bad enough about not providing sufficient operating instructions but Humax are not that clever either. They both make great machines but let themselves down on customer communications. I shall just have to work through the codes and see what happens, I guess.

Humax do not provide the codes, they provide the codes allocated to other makers (the ones they cannot use for Humax kit).

Basically they would have to produce a massive database of every TV. DVD player, CD player, PVR, etc,etc from all the numerous kit past and present that could still be used. If you want that sort of support buy a logitech harmony remote. They have a massive database of most anything that can be controlled by infra red. To access it you have to buy a Harmony Remote.

How many makers do you know would commit that source of resource to support kit that other makers build ?

They have no control or knowledge what other makers do in respect of the variations within the codes allocated.

Many Humax remotes don't support other kit, with an attitude like yours, it seems a very sensible decision. The best they can do is indicate the numbers allocated to the particular maker. Apart from the Logitech solution any universal remote you might buy has exactly the same situation. The permutations are enormous.

Do you fancy finding your particular Humax box and TV from "Logitech Harmony remote controls are easy to setup, easy to use, support 270000+ devices from 6000+ brands. Simply powerful control." ?

https://www.myharmony.com/en-gb/

Basically as I first posted, your Humax remote will support the basic options of your TV, Volume, Input source selection, guide etc (The ones you would normally use). The original remote will have dozens of extra options that can only be accesed by the original remote. The chances of finding a few more controls you would not ever use are not worth the effort.

Last edited:
Why do Humax produce all these codes but not what they (individually) do? I thought Samsung were bad enough about not providing sufficient operating instructions but Humax are not that clever either. They both make great machines but let themselves down on customer communications. I shall just have to work through the codes and see what happens, I guess.
Hellfire, it ain't that hard - and when you've found the one that works well enough you just write it on the back of the handset in case you need it again. It's only a once-off job, it's what we all do, and it's not reasonable to expect Humax or any other third party to work through all past and future models of TV to check their code sets!

It seems that I may have upset a few people here. If so, I am sorry but I didn't mean to do that. Apologies! I shall be investigating the Harmony option so that I don't have to use multiple remotes which was my original idea. Thanks for your help everyone.

Hi guys,

If I get the right code for my Panasonic TV, does the volume control the TV volume in STB mode (like the Sky box does).

Regards,

Paul

Hi guys,

If I get the right code for my Panasonic TV, does the volume control the TV volume in STB mode (like the Sky box does).

Regards,

Paul

No you have to press the TV button first. Consider a Logitech Harmony remote. For a SD channel the volume control varies the box volume and not the TV. For a HD channel it alters nothing unless you set the digital audio out to stereo (which downmixes Dolby Digital to MP2 which is the same as you get from SD TV)

No you have to press the TV button first. Consider a Logitech Harmony remote. For a SD channel the volume control varies the box volume and not the TV. For a HD channel it alters nothing unless you set the digital audio out to stereo (which downmixes Dolby Digital to MP2 which is the same as you get from SD TV)

Hi Graham, thanks for that, you've managed to answer both my recent posts in one go (my wife doesn't like the Humax remote, so I'm looking for a replacement).

Regards,

Paul

Back