Humax remote - lights on but no control

Any Name I Wish

The Humax RM-F04 remote I got with my HDR-FOX T2 doesn't seem to control anything. If I press one of the four device buttons and let go the light blinks and when I press another button it blinks again but nothing happens to the device I'm trying to control.

When I try and program one of the device buttons, as I'm holding it down the light comes on and stays on so the button can't be programmed.

I have a One For All 7781 universal remote which controls the HDR-FOX T2 up to a point but for instance I can't copy files from a memory stick on to the hard disk.

Is there a way to reset the Humax remote? I've tried different batteries but that doesn't help.

Ian

The obvious possibility is that you have it on the wrong "channel".

See Things Every... (click) section 13.

I have a One For All 7781 universal remote which controls the HDR-FOX T2 up to a point but for instance I can't copy files from a memory stick on to the hard disk.
In fact, you probably can. When you plug the UPD into a "live" HDR-FOX, when the USB interface initialises, a series of icon pops up on-screen - one of which offers to copy the contents to internal HDD.

Any Name I Wish - I would try taking the batteries out of the remote control handset and press a few buttons until you see none lighting up. Then leave it without batteries overnight. Eventually it will drain of power completely and should return to default settings.

Thanks for the reply. I copied the files using the method you suggested, previously I'd selected the files and then found there was no button on my remote to select the option but having them all copied automatically worked.

I tried changing the channel as by holding down 0 and OK but the PVR button doesn't stay red. If I press and hold one button and then press and hold the other the light blinks once then goes off. If I hold them down simultaneously the light doesn't blink at all.

When I point the remote at either my phone or my camera there is a flash of light from the front of the remote, looks kind of bluish an steady.

When I try a third set of batteries.... the remote works again! Doh! I was fooled by the fact that the buttons on the remote flashed with the worn out batteries.

Thanks for your help, I'll know next time. Ian

Back