Humax Youview Died - any suggestions?

27tooth

After a few months of very happy viewing, my Humax DTR-T1000 Youview box now refuses to power up at at all. For added convenience, this happened on Christmas Eve.

I tried changing the fuse in the plug and, for a short time, the standby light at the front of the unit came on but then went out and there seems to be no life in the machine at all.

Could it be an internal fuse? Or could it simply be an early, therefore slightly flaky version of the machine? (we were part of the Youview trial and this was the box were were given).

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

A blown internal fuse is very unlikely to result in the blowing of two separate external (in the Plug) fuses, I would guess that some other component in the Power Supply has gone short circuit rather than open circuit and is unlikely to be user fixable. A replacement power supply is probably required, It may be the same unit as used in the HDR-Fox T2 PSU, you would need to check up on that obviously, but if it is, it may be easier to find a replacement

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll check. Meantime, their customer service lines open up tomorrow I think, so I'll try that, too. Thanks again.

My own experience of Humax customer service is very positive - I would certainly check with them first. They even swapped out a Foxsat I had that had gone wrong 4 months out of warranty. All done FoC and the new unit arrived with a return label to send the old one back. They never try to haggle, just seek to keep you, the customer happy - a rarity nowadays, and long may it last.

campi

Yes lots of luck in fact, Campi. I spoke to Humax customer services, then went away on holiday for a week and, when I got back, a brand new box was waiting for me. Really impressed, especially since the original unit was a trial one. Thanks for your help.

Back