humaxrw and hre files

mpb159

I had what appeared to be a corrupted hard disk on my 9300T, so decided to reformat the hard drive after copying all existing files from Humax HDD to PC (Windows 7). Used the HumaxRw Front End and it copied the 105 programmes to the C:drive and when I checked the C drive there were 420 files (i.e. 4 files per programme as expected, elu, epg, hre, ts). So far so good.

I then returned the HDD to the Humax, and reformatted the HDD using the Humax software (i.e. Menu, HDD control). I then disconnected the HDD again and used the HumaxRW to restore the 105 programmes. They appeared to upload, but when I put the HDD back in the Humax and switched it on it showed no programmes and a 97% free HDD.

I redid the operation using just humaxrw (i.e. cmd mode) and the same result.

Can someone help me and tell me what I am doing wrong to restore the files. To repeat, all 420 files (105 programmes) are intact on my PC drive and using humaxrw appears to restore them (command humaxrw 1: -p) but then when the HDD is plugged back into the Humax box, there is nothing there.

I then returned the HDD to the Humax, and reformatted the HDD using the Humax software (i.e. Menu, HDD control). I then disconnected the HDD again and used the HumaxRW to restore the 105 programmes. They appeared to upload, but when I put the HDD back in the Humax and switched it on it showed no programmes and a 97% free HDD.
This problem has been reported before (with the 9150/9300; the 9200 seems not to be affected) but other people have reported success. I have no idea what the magic recipe is but things you might try would be making a recording after formatting the disk but before copying or copying a smaller batch or...

Back