Humaxrw copy - Incomplete files - Help

Birdbrainuk

Guess I am a bit late to the transfer files from your 9300 to PC party but after a good 5-6 year of recording mostly watch and wipe I am finding that the HDD is now getting full (mainly of our 3 year olds animated films)

Did my research and found what I thought was the prefect answer.

I set up using humaxrw + front end. I even added the eSATA mod with USB to eSATA adapter to allow quick connection for future.

At first all looks good I can see the drive and all my recording. I select all and chose transfer including the epg files etc and the transfer takes place taking about 3 – 4 hours.

This is where my problem starts. I noticed that only some of the transferred video files have there other associated files (epg etc). I reviewed a number of the recordings and only those copied with a full set of files were complete all the others were missing the end of the recordings.

(Panic) I thought I had maybe corrupted the file but once reconnected to the 9300 all recording were fine.

I have since repeated the process a couple more times (very easy glad I did the mod) and each time different recordings copy in full and the file sizes of incomplete files also vary some by 100’s of Megs.

Sorry this is a bit wordy but hope someone has an answer!

Just to note:-
There are about 150 recordings
I am using windows Vista

Guess I am a bit late to the transfer files from your 9300 to PC party but after a good 5-6 year of recording mostly watch and wipe I am finding that the HDD is now getting full (mainly of our 3 year olds animated films)

Did my research and found what I thought was the prefect answer.

I set up using humaxrw + front end. I even added the eSATA mod with USB to eSATA adapter to allow quick connection for future.
My guess would be that the problem is with the USB to eSATA adapter.

At first all looks good I can see the drive and all my recording. I select all and chose transfer including the epg files etc and the transfer takes place taking about 3 – 4 hours.
Would be wise to select a few at a time and see how that goes.
Are shorter recordings as likely to fail as longer ones?

My guess would be that the problem is with the USB to eSATA adapter
I will try and get another adapter to try.

Would be wise to select a few at a time and see how that goes.
Did try this but no more or less likely to work

Are shorter recordings as likely to fail as longer ones?
Only that it takes longer to fully copy the file. Short recordings can still fail with only a few minutes of the recording copied

Back