HumaxRW on HDR-Fox-T2

Ta. I'll try that now. Done. I think my problem was a mixture of incorrect capitalisation and \ v /. Now I think I'm where I want to be as had no CD errors, how can I check? dir obviously doesn't work.

pwd

(present/print working directory)

and 'ls' to list the contents of the current directory.

Ta. Looked for something like that but doesn't appear in the list of commands. But I now know 'I am in the right place'. (Sounds a bit too much like the abbreviation for password too:))
Now to get on with it.

Done a whole bunch, but now getting
This site can’t be reached
foxt2 took too long to respond.

Rebooted T2 and power cycled still nothing. Not shown as connected on my router either. Ideas please? Had one. No lights on the switch it's plugged into. Blx. And a lawn to mow. Double Blx.

It was the PSU for the network switch behind the TV and stuff. All working now. Netgear SMPS. never had a SMPS go before. Won't need a mower with astroturf.:)

If you are worried about subtitles please be aware that hrwconv uses ffmpeg to do the conversion. You may run into the problems detailed in this thread since the patch to fix it has not yet made it to the main repository.

The problem of missing subtitles on some recordings may occur even though you have probably not run nicesplice. Discontinuities in the subtitle stream tend to occur within and around ad breaks and will cause the current version of ffmpeg (2.8) to fail.

Thanks for that af xyz. Not worried about sub titles at all. Only use them on the stupid BBC mumbling 'dramas':frantic:
I've don a few sample tests on the recordings and they seem to be OK. If not, 'it's only TV' after all and it's not like I can't find something else to watch..

Last edited:
Back