Hummy Crashing

SandyMac

Have recently been experiencing regular crashes on my Hummy. This invariably happens within a couple of minutes of starting up. System locks up then reboots. Can't find any indications of the failure apart from stating that it has crashed. Any ideas where I should start looking/testing.

Can you confirm that you have the Custom Firmware installed and, if so, what version number please.

I do have Custom Firmware (hence the post in this thread) and it is the latest. :)
Sorry, but it has been known for people to post in the wrong thread in the past,:( and it's always best to establish firm ground before starting anything.;)

On a similar vein, I have just installed a new server. It's a Qnap.
I am running DLNA-filter.
The Qnap has two DLNA servers available:
- twonky
- their own preloaded (beta) version.

If I run twonky the Hummy is fine, it doesn't crash and will happily play media.
However, if I run their beta version, the Hummy remains fine until I try to play something from the server. It is fine whilst I work my way through the DLNA tree until I select an actual item to play. The Hummy then hangs for a few seconds the crashes.

I'm not necessarily looking for a solution but felt it was worth documenting as a warning for others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is running Twonky version 8.2.
I should clarify, the item referred to in my original post as "their own preloaded (beta) version" appears to be a Qnap DLNA function NOT a Twonky beta.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back