Hummy .ts files, VLC and VideoReDo

fenlander

Does anyone else have problems playing HD files from the Hummy in the current version of VLC? I'm not talking about the plugin - my Hummy files are properly decoded and copied to an external drive attached to my HP mini media centre (W8.1 i3 processor). They play perfectly in Splash Pro and PotPlayer but VLC stutters horribly. All other H264 encoded files - 1080p 0r 720p - play correctly in VLC, but it just won't handle files from the Hummy. I've tried several recommended fixes for stutter in VLC but none made the slightest difference.

Another issue. I've recently been cleaning up some old files with a trial version of VRD (SO much better than the last time I tried it!) and files that have been previously edited with Nicesplice seem to cause problems in VRD. Some files won't seek properly and there are crashes when writing the output file. No such problems with files that have not been nicespliced.

Any ideas?

Nicesplice is (I presume) going to create discontinuities in the streams, and it is fortunate that the Humax codecs don't seem to mind. Maybe they have been designed to cope with broadcast drop-outs.

Re VLC: I take it previous versions don't have this problem?

Another issue. I've recently been cleaning up some old files with a trial version of VRD (SO much better than the last time I tried it!) and files that have been previously edited with Nicesplice seem to cause problems in VRD. Some files won't seek properly and there are crashes when writing the output file. No such problems with files that have not been nicespliced.

Any ideas?

Presumably you have tried the VDR "Quick Stream Fix" option (in the Tools menu).

Back